A day in your (working) life
You will be joining our Japan affiliate as a purchasing manager and managing sourcing projects across a variety of direct and indirect categories for stakeholders in our commercial office in Tokyo and our plant in Saitama.
Depending on the project you will be working independently or as a part of a team to execute sourcing initiatives and ensure their successful deployment across the organization.
To be successful in your role you will need to build solid relationship and trust with your colleagues, your business stakeholders and the suppliers in your portfolio. Key Successful factor in your position will be your ability of influencing stakeholders, creating alignment around a shared vision and in mobilizing cross-functional teams to deliver sustainable results.
As a part of your responsibilities you shall fully adopt and embrace UCB purchasing tools and process, diligently approving transactions, report your progresses and planned activities in the system and use the provided tools. Project Management, execution ability, holistic approach are also key ingredients to your job at UCB Purchasing
Depending on your expertise area and the needs of our internal stakeholder, we expect you to
- manage (sourcing) projects and initiative, connect with your business stakeholders, conduct negotiation with suppliers and coordinate contract finalization
- proactively identify sourcing opportunities and or propose improvement solutions
- analyze demand, analyze market trends and opportunities
- contribute or become accountable for the design, update and execution of specific category strategies
Area that play to your strengths
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in procurement environments in a buyer or category management role.
- Enthusiasm in sharing expertise and experience with other within your own discipline
- Willingness to work autonomously and in teams… playing different roles.
- Flexibility in operating within establish procedures and practices. Yes, we do have rules and process to follow. But promise, this won’t make it less interesting and definitely, never boring!
- Business Analytics and data story telling: combine data visualization with narrative techniques to deliver insights in a way that engages decision makers in a compelling and easily embraced form. Be honest on this! We may select you anyhow!
- Reliability: ability to deliver sustainable results over a long period of time
- Agility: learn from past mistakes, adapt to new conditions, focus where impact can be achieved
- Accountability: see it, own it and solve it mindset. Willingness to go the extra mile.
- Feedback culture: ability to receive and convey feedback (feedback is the breakfast of champions!)
- Working together: strong team player, adding value in a cross functional and sometimes remote team
- Thinking holistically: connecting internally and externally
- Proven ability to influence stakeholders
- Can do and positive mindset (Yes we can!)
- Delivering impactful results: persevering, enthusiastic and entrepreneurial, combined with a strong sense of responsibility, ethics and flexibility. Ability to handle multiple priorities within established timeframe
- Still we expect you to provide solution to complex or infrequently occurring problems by doing proper investigation and data gathering.
- Great communication skills - Ability to build and maintain effective relationships of trust and credibility with internal stakeholders and suppliers.
- Presents and discuss results and projects in your area of responsibility. And yes, often is to management or…above!
- Market Intelligence: ability to leverage market information to drive change and more impactful results
- Execution: ability to meet deadline and work well under pressure, ideally with a good dose of humor… especially for those moments. Project management and coordination skills is often required due to the complex nature and scope of many of our projects and initiatives.
- Ability to think creatively and translate ideas into concrete projects and bring them to execution. We’d love you to suggest improvements to any existing process within and outside of purchasing
- Fluent English and Japanese
- You are a born buyer who wants to grow in Purchasing!
フレックスタイム制 （コアタイム無し） 7.5ｈ×月間所定労働日数で清算