Under the direct supervision of HR Director, the Senior HR Manager is responsible to play key advisory on the development of long term goals of the functions, structure and decisions.
This position is responsible to coach function leads to improve the organizations leadership effectiveness, enable business talent and workforce solutions through proactive consultation with business leaders, People COE’s and the leveraging and coordination of HR expertise.
The Sr. HR Manager will be directing the implementation of critical corporate initiatives in support of integration, sharing of best practices, general compliance and continuous improvement.
Key Accountabilities :
- Provides advice, counsel, and strategic insights on business strategies, while ensuring all business initiatives include an organization, culture, talent, and people perspective throughout. Advises business leaders on the short, mid, and long term business strategies to maximize growth potential while maintaining a healthy culture throughout the global function/business unit/market.
- Act in a consultative role to enable and support organizational effectiveness and accountability to influence business outcomes.
- Provides leadership and drives solutions with the business on all aspects of people‐related initiatives including strategy, growth, succession planning, performance management, leadership development, and organizational effectiveness that is in alignment with the People Strategy and function/business unit/market people strategy.
- Oversee the understanding and articulation of local business area perspectives, provide relevant insights and perspectives to People Lead or COE’s, to ensure local matters are appropriately addressed and considered in strategy and priority formulation.
- Drive discussions related to workforce and organization design changes and provide recommendations.
- Anticipate and address HR related trends and issues impacting the business and provide insights, recommendations, plans, tools and solutions.
- Understands changes in business unit and consults on tools required to advance the organization development of the business/team (career frameworks, org design needs, change mgmt. needs, etc). Identifies needs and supports delivery with business.
Solutions and Service Delivery and change management
- Oversee the analysis of change and stakeholder impacts from the client’s transformation initiative
- Ensure an ongoing and proactive focus on driving change within the business, linking change management needs, communications, tools and processes with overall business cultural and change direction, in order that the business culture and mindset evolves as required to ensure success
- Oversees the delivery of People solutions, partnering with the COEs as necessary and directing the People and org delivery partners on the localization and execution of key deliverable
- Developing change management strategies based on considerations of the client’s environment, stakeholder needs, and the desired future state
Team member services & engagement
- Oversee the team member services team to liaise with internal clients to provide positive experience, proactively support team members and to ensure meeting customer satisfaction
- Drive the proactively approach to identify and recommend areas of improvement, translates workforce data into meaningful plans for leadership to act upon.
- Ensure focus on continuous improvement
Team and Budget Management
- Provides leadership, direction and ongoing development to the team of engagement managers and/or partners. Responsible for performance management and budget management.
- Develop work plan and priorities for the area, based on objectives received.
- Responsible for all performance-related activities, including performance reviews.
- Makes hiring recommendations as necessary
- Working knowledge of all key HR skill areas and using HR levers to drive business performance
- Change management delivery
- Thought and Influence leadership and trusted strategic advisor on people issues
- Ability to leverage HR data to create effective strategies
- Thrive in a fast-paced, nimble, agile work environment.
- Possesses strong fact and data-based, decision-making skills and demonstrates a bias for action and results.
- Business acumen – able to build and develop broad, yet detailed, understanding in relation to functional groups.
- Global collaboration/matrix manager, being negotiator to align agendas
- Coaching and consulting skills
- Ability to consult, facilitate and interact across function/market areas and with all organizational levels
- Advanced written/verbal communications and interpersonal skills, that in able to communicate with all levels of business both in English & Japanese
- Able to inspire others, including own team
- Good knowledge of current legislation and its practical application
- Advanced knowledge of Japan labor law