IT specialist to be responsible for all IT project management. IBM i (AS400) maintenance and planning of operational systems. Help users to improve their operation.
Main Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities
- Management IT division.
Manage IT members. Reporting to France IT division, Finance Manager and President in Japan. This person should be able to bring improvement proposals, to help Group to take the best decisions, considering Japan specificities
- Project management (planning, control, design) = Main task
Project management skill is required. Once you assigned, you have to be in charge from the beginning to the end of the project. In addition to deep understanding on technical aspect, human aspect is very important.
- AS400 (IBM i) maintenance (hardware / software)
Regarding the hardware maintenance, basically we work with IBM or current support IT vender. We need a basic knowledge to recognize significance of troubles. For software maintenance, knowledge to check the status is required, for example, check error messages, check the status of sessions and how to manage in case of troubles. Further skills such as network or data interface management will be appreciated.
- Program modification / development on AS400
Basic programing skill is required. We can help you to understand existing rules, data base structure or any other fundamental information on our system, but regarding the development, you must be independent.
- Users' support
We also in charge of users’ support. As we cannot anticipate amount or frequency of these tasks, self-task management skill is required. Also, for each issue, you have to evaluate user needs and system functionality, to ensure it meets those needs.
- Communication with HQ in Paris
Since most part of programs is developed by IT team in Paris, basic English skill is required. Especially when we make inquiries or request something to them, we have to talk with them based on the understanding on AS400 and system architecture.
Advanced documentation skill is required. In our department, we create documents such as operation manuals, meeting minutes, presentation, and technical specification. For each documents must covers its purposes.
Under the lead of IT head, in charge of researching, comparison, explanation, and finally installing new system
Monitor Japan local IT tool such as Data interface, infrastructure, CRM, POS, and SIRH.
- Diploma from Professional school or Bachelor degree and above
- Certification of the related field is preferable
- Knowledge of current trends in the specific field
Technical Skill & Knowledge:
- Good communication skills (work with users & within team): Formulate and clearly communicate ideas to others
- English (enough to communicate in written & orally)
- Open mindset & wish to work in international environment, innovative thinker who is positive, proactive, and ready to embrace changes
- Positive to discuss with other department to find the real information
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge (interest in constant training & skills improvement)
- Must have a strong dedication to customer service
- Ability to work with people at all levels in an organization
- More than 1 year AS400 RPG III or IV development experience
- More than 10 years working experience in IT industry
- Experience on system External Design and Internal Design
- People management experience
RGF Professional Recruitment Japan provides bilingual professionals to multinational corporations. We are functional recruiters focusing on Finance & Accounting, Banking, Legal, HR & GA, Logistics, Telecoms, Sales & Marketing, and Technology.