Rolls-Royce, a world-leading provider of power systems and services for use on land, at sea and in the air, operates in four global markets - civil aerospace, defense aerospace, marine and energy. We continue to invest in core technologies, products, people and capabilities with the objective of broadening and strengthening the product portfolio, improving efficiency and enhancing the environmental performance of its products.
The AE 1107C Field Service Representative will provide on-site technical assistance to customer personnel in resolving Rolls-Royce AE1107C issues. The individual in this role will also review and analyze data to determine cause and assist in determining corrective maintenance actions; and provide guidance to Customer to ensure optimal aircraft operational availability and readiness. This position is based in Japan.
As the AE 1107C Field Service Representative, your key accountabilities will include:
- Managing all technical and support chain matters that impact the customer relationship
- Establishing and maintaining close liaison with all relevant sections of customer organization, and Rolls-Royce management
- Demonstrating a high level of professional attitude and bearing with focus on customer service
- Providing first line troubleshooting assistance to onsite customer and assist with interpretation of all technical and operational requirements
- Providing technical assistance in the form of written, telephone, electronic or customer visits relating to aircraft engine operations, maintenance, repairs, troubleshooting, and logistic support
- Utilizing and supporting Rolls-Royce and customers databases and diagnostic software programs on generated technical queries
- Writing technical reports based on findings related to engine technical issues
- Comply with any requirement to relocate assignment as determined by the business and/or the customer to ensure company business objectives and contract deliverables are met and customer operational needs are supported
- Ability to travel on short notice domestically or internationally in support of campaigns, aircraft on ground (AOG) support, and customer requests for extended periods of one month or more in support of customer operations
- Briefing Rolls-Royce on specific recommendations and improvements required to deliver improved propulsion capability/engine output
- Reviewing engineering changes with regard to their effect on the product in the field, including maintenance manual updates and coordinate communication plans with customers on impact on operations
- Ability to meet certain requirements for visual acuity, as outlined in the Authorized Field Service Representative program, for purposes of performing essential job functions, such as visual inspection of hardware for serviceability
- Ability to obtain a Japanese ministry of defense security clearance if required to perform daily duties.
Rolls-Royce is a global company that offers integrated power solutions for use on land, at sea and in the air.
We’ve got 54,000 employees in more than 50 countries, and there are over 2,000 talented people working for us in China, India, Japan, Malaysia, South Korea, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.