Objectives of the Position
Strategy – Translate and implement Japan material management strategy within responsible business unit(s). Ensures strategy can provide efficient, agile and reliable material management services that are aligned with business unit(s) strategies as well as BASF’s regional and local strategies.
Key Performance Indicators – Response for the managing of core KPIs, including steering actions for improving performance within related business unit(s).
Transportation & Distribution – Actively collaborates with procurement to ensure quality of service is meeting BASF supply chain requirements. Provides input to all logistics procurement tenders. Acts as liaison between related business units and procurement to provide mutual feedback regarding the status of all relevant transportation and distribution activities and situations. Responsible for ensuring the distribution network design (bulk and packed) within related business unit(s) meets commercial requirements and growth targets. This position supports coordination of logistic activities at plants and sites within BJL.
Tolling – Manages the supply chain area for tolling operations under responsible business unit(s).
Logistics Service Providers – Provides operational support of LSP operations in terms of on time delivery and logistic activities. Responsible to ensure appropriate services, such as compliance, on time delivery to meet business requirements, manage business rules in line with budget.
Training and development – Directs and ensure the development of education and training for related material management community properly. Manage for the development of talent and employee retention together with material management community, including succession planning for all key positions under their responsibility
Projects – Directs implementation and timeline of and controls budget for material management related projects within responsible business unit(s).
Process Improvement – Directs the identification and implementation of improvements in related process areas and share best practices among material management community to contribute to strengthening the organization.
- Education: Bachelor's Degrees in Supply Chain, Logistics, or related field. Certification in APICS is highly recommended. Ability to speak both Japanese and English are also required.
- Working Experience: Ten (10) years in supply chain area, with five (5) years in leadership/management position. Project management skills required.
- Technical & Professional Knowledge: Developed in project management with an ability to effectively negotiate with commercial, functional unit, and executive management team members on a regional and global level. Thorough knowledge of demand and supply planning, sales and operations planning, material requirements planning, inventory control theory and practice, transportation, distribution, and 3rd party logistics strategy is required.
- Good understanding of the products / services offer in a responsible area.
- Working knowledge of SAP R/3, APO, MRP, and MS Office are also required.
BASF, headquartered in Ludwigshafen, Germany, is the world’s leading chemical company. Setting as our corporate purpose “We create chemistry for a sustainable future,” we combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility.
Established in 1865, BASF now has more than 150 years of history with subsidiaries in more than 80 countries and around 114,000 employees. Our portfolio is arranged into five segments: Chemicals, Performance Products, Functional Materials & Solutions, Agricultural Solutions, and Oil & Gas. Our products and solutions contribute to almost all industrial sectors, such as transportation, construction, consumer goods, health and nutrition, electronics, agriculture, as well as energy and resources. With such a broad range of chemical expertise and our global presence, we provide sustainable solutions to business partners all over the world.
In Japan, we have been a committed partner to local industry since 1888. Our activities cover four segments: Chemicals, Performance Products, Functional Materials & Solutions and Agricultural Solutions. With a strong presence in Japan, including 24 production sites, as well as research and development facilities in Amagasaki, Yokohama, Chigasaki and Sanmu City, BASF supports Japanese customers who are bringing their solutions to local and global markets.