exciting opportunities to learn!!
Objectives of the Position
Strategy – TImplement and support Japan material management strategy with responsible business unit(s). Ensures strategy can provide efficient, agile and reliable material management services that are aligned with business unit(s) strategies as well as BASF’s regional and local strategies.
Lead/Coordinate/Support S&OP and Planning
Execute Purchase/Production/Transfer order activities
Key Performance Indicators
Leadership and Expertize – Display leadership in operation partially and support/guide team members actively
Process Improvement – Identify and implement improvements in related process areas and share best practices within own team
Monitoring Logistics Service Providers Services – Responsible for monitoring appropriate LSP services, include compliance, on time delivery to meet business requirement
Training and development – Actively participate any relevant trainings, including CPIM
Projects – Implement mid to small size project with defined/agreed schedule and contribute budget control for material management related projects within responsible business unit(s) as a project member
Integration – Manage related material management activities, including best practice sharing, process set up and system migration. Periodic review of process to identify improvement opportunities
- Education: Bachelor's Degrees in Supply Chain, Logistics, or related field. Certification in BSCM and MPR of CPIM is highly recommended. Ability to speak Japanese and English as business level are required.
- Working Experience: Four (4) years in supply chain, especially planning area.
- Working knowledge of SAP R/3, APO, MRP, and MS Office / Powerpoint are also required.
- Technical & Professional Knowledge: Developed in project management with an ability to effectively negotiate with commercial, functional unit, and executive management team members on a regional and global level. Thorough knowledge of demand and supply planning, sales and operations planning, material requirements planning, inventory control theory and practice, transportation, distribution, and 3rd party logistics strategy are preferable.
- Strong data analysis skills/experience are preferred
BASF, headquartered in Ludwigshafen, Germany, is the world’s leading chemical company. Setting as our corporate purpose “We create chemistry for a sustainable future,” we combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility.
Established in 1865, BASF now has more than 150 years of history with subsidiaries in more than 80 countries and around 114,000 employees. Our portfolio is arranged into five segments: Chemicals, Performance Products, Functional Materials & Solutions, Agricultural Solutions, and Oil & Gas. Our products and solutions contribute to almost all industrial sectors, such as transportation, construction, consumer goods, health and nutrition, electronics, agriculture, as well as energy and resources. With such a broad range of chemical expertise and our global presence, we provide sustainable solutions to business partners all over the world.
In Japan, we have been a committed partner to local industry since 1888. Our activities cover four segments: Chemicals, Performance Products, Functional Materials & Solutions and Agricultural Solutions. With a strong presence in Japan, including 24 production sites, as well as research and development facilities in Amagasaki, Yokohama, Chigasaki and Sanmu City, BASF supports Japanese customers who are bringing their solutions to local and global markets.