Objectives of the Position
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field
- APICS CPIM or CSCP [preferred]
- >3 years of experience in surface transportation and warehousing industry OR 2 years of aforementioned experience plus 2-3 years in related Supply Chain Management or Logistics fields, e.g. planning, imports, air/maritime
- SAP TM Knowledge [preferred]
- Experience in Project Management [preferred]
- Capable of leading meetings and giving presentations in both Japanese and English
BASF, headquartered in Ludwigshafen, Germany, is the world’s leading chemical company. Setting as our corporate purpose “We create chemistry for a sustainable future,” we combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility.
Established in 1865, BASF now has more than 150 years of history with subsidiaries in more than 80 countries and around 114,000 employees. Our portfolio is arranged into five segments: Chemicals, Performance Products, Functional Materials & Solutions, Agricultural Solutions, and Oil & Gas. Our products and solutions contribute to almost all industrial sectors, such as transportation, construction, consumer goods, health and nutrition, electronics, agriculture, as well as energy and resources. With such a broad range of chemical expertise and our global presence, we provide sustainable solutions to business partners all over the world.
In Japan, we have been a committed partner to local industry since 1888. Our activities cover four segments: Chemicals, Performance Products, Functional Materials & Solutions and Agricultural Solutions. With a strong presence in Japan, including 24 production sites, as well as research and development facilities in Amagasaki, Yokohama, Chigasaki and Sanmu City, BASF supports Japanese customers who are bringing their solutions to local and global markets.