Responsibilities include (but may not be limited to) the following:
• Set revenue targets with the board of directors
• Identify potential funding sources, oversee the development of fundraising plans and write funding proposals/grants
• Manage the executive team and staff
• Provide leadership to the staff through effective goal setting, delegation, communication and professional development
• Recruit and retain staff who have the right technical and personal abilities to help further TELL’s mission
• Manage costs, staff and programs within the budget agreed with the board of directors
• Manage internal and external communications including marketing and PR
• Oversee the planning, implementation and evaluation of services and programs
• Monitor the day-to-day delivery of the services and programs of the organization to maintain or improve quality
• Act as an ambassador for the organization
Since its establishment in Japan in 1973, TELL has been dedicated to providing world-class, effective support and counseling services to Japan’s international community and helping to address the country’s growing mental health care needs.
An accredited and certified non-profit organization, TELL’s vision is to be a leader in services and education by practicing state-of-the-art standards of care in the mental health field. Services include free phone counseling, professional face-to-face evaluations and therapy, and community-wide programs.