Business Development Manager, Japan
The Business Development Manager will manage sales activities and relationships with Customers (end-users) in targeted territories. The main role is to develop and identify new business opportunities and increase revenue. Travel within the assigned region is required.
• Analyse region’s new business opportunities, develop sales plans and execute planned action steps in order to acquire new business in line with Company’s strategies and growth
• Uncover customer needs, respond to RFI, RFQ, prepare quotes and write proposals.
• Prospect and pursue new physical security opportunities in the target territories. In this respect,
you will be expected to engage directly with end users, and where necessary, with systems integrators, A&E consultants and Government authorities.
• Engage with end users and alliance partners within the ecosystem to uncover operational
requirements, needs and potential points of differentiation.
• Create and increase awareness and interest in Genetec’s products and solutions in assigned
territory and customers.
• Maintain a high level of knowledge on Genetec’s products, roadmaps, competition, pricing,
market share and key product differentiation.
• Maintain market intelligence, e.g. identify emerging markets, shifting sales trends, political
or financial changes, etc.
• Position the Company as a credible thought leader, through speaking engagements, the
publication of thought pieces and active involvement in industry associations.
• Report quarterly on trends in the industry and offer an assessment of how we should best
Ideal Skill Set:
• 5-10 years experience in a physical security and/or software industry setting; other relevant technology related sales backgrounds are welcome.
• Experience in Video Surveillance and/or Access Control is very advanageous.
• Those who have acquired much of their experience with an end user organization or a
Government agency are encouraged to apply.
• Proven ability to drive the sales process from opportunity to close.
• Ability to collaborate with multiple groups in order to accomplish goals.
• Ability to establish good relationships and credibility with customers.
• Strong presentation, sales, negotiation and influencing skills.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to travel as needed.
• IP technology understanding and networking expertise will be considered an asset.
• Strong computer skills using MS Office products: Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook, etc.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics or similar CRM.
Experts Driven to Unify IP-Based Solutions
For over 15 years, Genetec has led the development of world-class unified IP security solutions. We began in 1997 by pioneering the first-ever IP video management software, giving customers at the time never-seen-before system flexibility, hardware freedom and ease of system growth through a powerful, open solution that was easy to use.
Today, Genetec is a global provider of IP video surveillance, access control and license plate recognition solutions unified in a single platform, called Security Center. We work with partners on six continents to help provide safer, more secure environments for small to medium-sized and enterprise-class businesses in over 80 countries.