World's Top Global Life InsuranceCompany
Ensure and improve the quality of internal control testing related to financial statement with excellent expertise in Internal control framework for IT system.
【Key Accountabilities/Specific Activities】
1. Assessment of internal control on IT systems in line with IFC and related guidelines
- Performs assessments mainly on IT systems and its controls in line with IFC and J-GAAP requirement on schedule
- Reports testing results to IFC Manager, and shares it with peer IFC testers
- Informs process owners of deficiencies and initiates remediation procedure, if deficiency identified
2. Identification of improvement opportunity on controls and testing of IT systems
- Identifies opportunities to improve the IT controls at ALJ and provides professional recommendation to process owners to develop necessary controls and/or improvements with consideration on both of IT and Business risk
- Supports Business Department’s control improvement and remediation actions
3. Liaison with the external auditor
- Arranges testing schedule with external auditors for which reliance or collaboration is expected
- Provides management testing results for which external auditors to review and assess
- Brings expertise and skills in IT systems to the ICOFR framework in company.
- Not only conducts testing on IT resources, but also provides knowledge to peer testers to improve and maintain quality of controls and testing
- Ensures the quality of entire testing process and documentation related to IT resources by reviewing the test results
Critical Leadership Competencies
- Leads department staff in charge to strongly involve the IFC processes
- Conducts the management testing processes with strong communication skills to ensure controls in place
Key Customers, Committees and Projects
- Key Customers: Management concerning to IFC program, FC managers, External Auditor, Business in scope of IFC
- Projects: Nil (To be assigned if necessary)
- Committees: Indirect contribution to IFC Steering Committee, Compliance Management Sub-Committee, and Audit
Certified Information System Auditor (CISA) and Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) with over 5 years of qualification experience.(Equivalent accreditation negotiable.)
2. Sustain competitive advantage
Use leading edge information security and internal control knowledge to assess internal control environment in IT systems
3. Contribution to advancement of Company
Identify and evaluate vulnerability of IT systems in process of financial reporting. Recommend effective and practical remediation actions to Business and IT.
4. Application of skill / knowledge
Knowledge in overall Internal Control on Financial Reporting and advanced Information Security Practices and Technology able to conduct high quality testing on IT systems.
5. Strong English skill
For reporting in English to Global HQ, joining telephone conference in English and communicating with non-Japanese employees/vendors, high English skill is required.
Nexus Corporation is a boutique Contingency Search firm which recruits experienced professionals for permanent as well as contract jobs for corporations in Japan. Focusing on distinct vertical markets, Nexus has been designed to assist clients and candidates in disciplines such as Information Technology, Sales, Marketing, etc.