Regional Product Manager Japan - Cloud UCaaS
The Regional Product Manager is responsible for the building products for BroadSoft’s UCaaS offering in the Japan market and other regions in Asia. This wholesale offering, BroadCloud, currently powers the Shamo! offering by @Nifty in Japan, the PBXL brand, and the BigGlobe PhoneGlobe offering.
The perfect candidate for this job has experience in a mix of sales and marketing, with excellent Japanese reading and writing skills, including the ability to evaluate competitors' sales copy and a high degree of English skill (overseas university experience preferred). Further, this person should be highly collaborative, with the ability to work with sales, engineering and finance to ensure that customer needs are met while enabling the sales team to reach revenue goals related to the products under the product manager’s responsibility.
BroadSoft in Japan is a very entrepreneurial, fast moving organization, which will provide for a high degree of autonomy. Reporting directly to the management team, the Product Manager can change the entire way that Japanese businesses collaborate, leading the cloud revolution.
The ideal candidate will play a multifaceted role and be involved with the following responsibilities:
● Act as an ambassador and advocate with Headquarters to ensure global UCaaS product development aligns with Japanese market needs
● Develop Sales and Marketing collateral in Japanese
● Run Sales Training and Partner Training in Japan
● Assist with large tenders and outbound sales activities as requested
● Manage product and service lifecycle with development teams, internal stakeholders and customers
● Monitor and manage overall service profitability
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Research and Analysis
● Research and analyse market conditions
● Identify key competitor and business trends
● Articulate market requirements and opportunities
● Identify opportunities for product innovation and product enhancements
● Work with development teams regarding product development
Product Planning and Management
● Determine product specifications
● Define the long term strategy of the product and create product roadmap
● Communicate the product strategy internally and externally
● Prepare product documents including Market Requirement Documents and Product Use Cases to drive product activity
● Develop pricing strategies and product policies
● Determine product packaging solutions
● Oversee product development
● Manage and communicate with cross functional teams
● Develop product marketing plan and event campaigns to generate product awareness and demand
● Liaise with advertising and public relations to promote product
● Support sales and marketing with the necessary product knowledge and technical expertise
● Conduct product presentations
● Develop sales tools and sales training material
● Provide input for marketing collateral development
● RFx support
● Set requirements for demonstration capabilities and strategy
Preferred but not required:
Experience with one or more of the following:
As the leading global provider of Unified Communications as a Service (UCaaS) to service providers worldwide, BroadSoft helps deliver applications Enterprise customers demand.
BroadSoft simplifies the way organizations communicate and collaborate. Our unique and flexible UC-One app is a complete solution that delivers all the Unified Communication and Collaboration features companies want to boost satisfaction and worker productivity, and reduce costs.
BroadSoft brings constant innovation to the communications marketplace through our products, solutions and strategic initiatives like Broadsoft Labs, BroadSoft Marketplace and Xtended Developers Program.
BroadSoft accelerates the success of Service Providers Unified Communications and Collaboration offers providing comprehensive go-to-market and sales enablement tools, proven marketing campaigns and best practices for customer fulfillment.