This company is a leading German auto and truck parts manufacturing company. They are the worlds fourth largest tire manufacturer and specialize in tires, brake systems, vehicle stability control systems, engine injection systems, tachographs, and other parts for the automotive and transportation industries.
This role will be required to work as central contact window (Key Account) for assigned sites/plant, maintain customer relationship by regular visit and meetings with key internal customer, and handle feedbacks of stake holders, and Non-Production Material’s (NPM) latest news, in alignment with corporate regulations.
The detailed roles are as follows:
- Acting as the Ambassador for Indirect Purchasing in supporting the organization in their process of establishing optimum conditions for their respective host facility. They act as the window interface between that facility and the Procurement community
- Compiling, preparing, presenting, endorsing, making information relating to sourcing issues available for committees, so that all stake holders can be on the same page in terms of corporate purchasing activities
- Initiating, designing and driving demand pooling across the divisions and material fields to ensure optimum use of purchasing power and to maximize the contribution to the operating profit (from material) and component quality
- Regularly contacting and interfacing partners to recognize developments (in market, demand, etc.), and reporting basic data for corporate planning (costing data) including price forecasts and internal figures, accordingly
- Defining and initiating sourcing and procurement strategies, and providing project support to ensure the long-term cost-effective supply of materials. From case to case, initiating purchasing processes and executing problem-solving approaches to secure local objectives and support local implementation of purchasing strategies defined by Global/Regional Category Managers
- Dealing with sourcing, contracting and price negotiations for medium to large volumes, complex material fields and purchasing projects to contribute to the profitability of the company. Also, including analysis and controlling of contractual agreements to prepare renegotiations/subsequent negotiations, initiate appropriate measures and guarantee supplies.
- In sourcing for the respective Commodity responsibility, driving spent-automated process through increasing catalogue procurement for overall procurement effectiveness
- Initiating and expediting specific cost reduction and supplier quality improvement programs (in conjunction with partner functions, such as Development, Supplier Quality Management, Logistics, etc.) to win and develop the best suppliers and to establish an optimum supply chain. Also, being fully responsible for savings report and booking using defined corporate tools.
Intelligence Global Search is the international recruitment arm of the Intelligence group. The group currently employs over 4,700 staff throughout Asia and has partnerships with over 20,000 companies making it the second largest permanent placement agency in Japan. We aim to leverage decades of business relationships and networking so as to provide clients and candidates with an unrivaled recruitment service.
We specialize in placing multilingual professionals into multinational firms within the following areas:
- Banking & Finance
- Executive Management
- Human Resources
- Life Sciences
- Sales & Marketing
- Support & Administration
- Supply Chain