Position: Senior Bridge Engineer & IT Consultant
To strengthen our office in Tokyo we are seeking experienced and motivated employees with a professional Information Technology background, expertise in the Automotive industry and experience in the areas of production, logistics and supply chain management.
* Primary responsibility
To support the business development of the Japanese market regarding flexis business, which includes, but not limited to, the following:
- Support sales activities through creating and providing marketing material and solution content material to support the Vice President Sales in market development and customer meetings
- Manage, lead and conduct pre-sales activities like software solution demonstration, software demo preparation, etc.
- Support the Vice President Sales in creating Customer Proposals by responding to RFPs and RFQs, adding system specifications according to customer requirements, preparing effort calculations and timelines, working out the system specification content of contracts
- Be solely responsible for the Japanese market’s pre-sales activities, developing the business and providing system engineering expertise for quotes under the direct supervision of the flexis K.K. president and the Head of the Asian Pacific Region of flexis.
* To manage and lead customer projects, which includes but not limited to the followings:
- Be involved in all phases of the project from process design, conceptual design, and implementation of process oriented IT solutions, to professional consulting, maintenance and support services for long term clients.
- Manage the assigned tasks as well as contribute through your knowledge and personal experience in projects
Business Development and Pre-Sales tasks are:
- Research potential customers in the market, their target Executives and contact them by direct marketing through mail and phone
- Provide information to the market and to interested customers on flexis products and services
- Attend and lead meetings with customers and prospects together with flexis sales personnel and provide technical and process knowledge
- Gather customer requirements and map those with flexis offerings (products and services)
- Explain flexis solution modules and give demos with flexis core product demonstrators
- Build customer specific demonstrators in a team with flexis specialists based on customer data, customer processes and customer requirements
- Provide technical aspects and cost calculations (later) to proposals for customers
Project tasks are:
- Manage customer projects through all phases of scoping, application design, build and rollout
- Form communication link between customer project, external development partner and flexis core team in Stuttgart Germany in terms of software configurations, customization and development
- Support standardization of flexis products based on input from customer projects
- Configure and customize our standardized software products to the needs of our Fortune 500 customers.
- Understand the customer’s business requirements and processes, then develop, test and integrate the customer specific solution under the guidance of experienced - team members.
- Train the stakeholders before the system is rolled out. This may involve travel to client sites.
- Organize and support professional services post rollout like hotline, maintenance, support
Applicants will be trained on the job overseas, either in Germany, North America or China. Work will be mainly out of the Tokyo office with some travel periods to visit customers or other flexis offices.
Flexis AG is a privately held German software and consulting firm with subsidiaries in Japan, USA and Canada. Focusing on the automotive and automotive supplier industry, flexis provides planning and scheduling solutions to support lean Order-To-Delivery as well as integrated Sales and Operations Planning processes. Those solutions have been successfully deployed at major international companies like Honda, Mitsubishi Motors, Mitsubishi Fuso Truck & Bus, Daimler AG, Volkswagen, Audi, MAN, Paccar, Continental, General Motors, ZF, Case New Holland and others.
These success stories together with ongoing engagements in research projects and industry seminars have not only led to a great reputation, but also to long lasting partnerships between flexis and its customers, in which flexis is not only valued for its software solutions, but also for the deep industry knowledge flexis customers can directly and uniquely benefit from.