Australian-based multinational corporation that is one of the largest providers of commercial explosives and blasting systems to the mining and infrastructure markets, a global leader in the provision of ground support in mining and tunneling, and a leading supplier of sodium cyanide for gold extraction. The company has a diverse workforce of over 12,000 people servicing customers across more than 100 countries.
Role Description and Purpose:
This role supports the Group Executive, Strategy, Planning and M&A in the development and implementation of the Company’s civil tunneling and infrastructure growth initiative in the Asia Pacific region, with an initial focus on the Japanese, Korean, Hong Kong, Taiwanese and Singaporean markets.
This is a senior management role with responsibility for overseeing and driving business development and operations across the region with the aim of building the Company’s presence in the civil tunneling and infrastructure sectors. Essential to success will be the ability to build, manage and connect teams with the right mix of skills to deliver an integrated offer that is compelling to civil tunneling and infrastructure designers, contractors, owners and operators.
- Establishing and managing the development and definition of the Company’s civil tunnelling and infrastructure related growth initiatives in the Asia Pacific region.
- Defining a detailed civil tunneling and infrastructure repair and rehabilitation service offering across the Company group, initially for the Japanese, Korean, Hong Kong, Taiwanese and Singaporean markets, considering country-specific issues and critical success factors.
- Defining a detailed civil tunneling and infrastructure repair and rehabilitation operating model, encompassing among other matters processes, roles/responsibilities and key metrics for day-to-day activities at an operating site level.
- Driving the implementation of the company’s civil tunnelling and infrastructure repair and rehabilitation growth initiative initially in the Asia Pacific region.
- Partnering closely with Country Managers and other management representatives in relevant geographies.
- Establishing a team of dedicated in country civil tunneling and infrastructure repair and rehabilitation staff. Identifying staffing requirements, defining roles and recruiting appropriate staff (with the support of HR).
- Coordinating the sharing of resources across countries to access the required expertise and manage the utilisation of specialist team members.
- Identification and establishment of relationships with potential partners and acquisition targets to support the implementation the Company’s civil tunnelling and infrastructure repair and rehabilitation growth initiative, including construction contractors, specialist sub-contractors, designers, asset owners, asset operators and regulators.
- Developing a regulatory management plan in relation to civil tunnelling and infrastructure repair and rehabilitation with an initial focus on the key markets of Japan, Korea and Hong Kong. Engaging and managing relationships with key regulatory stakeholders, in conjunction with the relevant Country Managers and corporate government relations and regulatory stakeholders.
- Managing projects, reporting requirements and budgets.
- Ensuring full compliance with safety, health and environment obligations, the Company standards and customer requirements in relation to all civil tunnelling and infrastructure repair and rehabilitation activities in the relevant geographies.
- Facilitating the capture and sharing of best practice across the Company’s global civil tunnelling community.
- Guiding and supervising other staff within the company as required.
- Establish relationships with the Company’s R&D function and underground metals teams to collaborate on technology initiatives and ensure the Company remains the global market leader from a technology perspective.
Intelligence Global Search is the international recruitment arm of the Intelligence group. The group currently employs over 4,700 staff throughout Asia and has partnerships with over 20,000 companies making it the second largest permanent placement agency in Japan. We aim to leverage decades of business relationships and networking so as to provide clients and candidates with an unrivaled recruitment service.
We specialize in placing multilingual professionals into multinational firms within the following areas:
- Banking & Finance
- Executive Management
- Human Resources
- Life Sciences
- Sales & Marketing
- Support & Administration
- Supply Chain