Personal Assistant to General Manager
1. Arranges/schedules appointments and/or meetings for the General Manager, alerting promptly of changes,cancelations and new meetings
2. Responsible for keeping and updating files in an orderly manner
3. Controls the flow and screens all documentation routed to the Executive Office
4. Arranges for outgoing mail and packages to be picked up
5. Receives and screens incoming calls or unexpected visitors to the Executive Office
6. Prepares and submits monthly expense forms for General Manager
7. Prepares Complimentary/House Use, Upgrade Request forms and Gift Vouchers whenever necessary
8. Transcribes letters, memos and other correspondence dictated by the General Manager
9. Prepares daily list, envelopes and amenity cards addressed to guests from General Manager
10. Follows-through instructions or directives cascaded down to the Executive Committee members or to the department heads by the General Manager and ensures that all these are adhered to.
11. Responsible for the reproduction, distribution and compilation of reports as requested by the General Manager.
12. Proficient at Power Point, Prezi and similar applications and able to prepare a presentation for the General Manager when content is provided
13. Takes particular care with data privacy and confidentiality consistently ensuring that sensitive documents are shredded and properly disposed of.
14. When required able to update guests comments and profiles in Opera and Track Via.
15. Prints reports required by the General Manager on a daily basis
16. Records and circulates in a timely manner copies of the minutes of the Executive Committee Meeting to all committee members; and responsible to do the same for other official meetings as and when requested by the General Manager
17. Drafts response letters to guest questionnaires/concerns/complaints and any other correspondence for the General Manager’s approval
18. Translates documents and communication as required by the General Manager and when necessary acts as interpreter.
19. Updates Excom Annual Leave calendar and follows up on appropriate documentation with Head Office
20. Receives, arranges and confirms hotel accommodation requests coursed through the Executive Office ensuring any additional requirements such as transportation or any other services are anticipated and offered.
21. Arranges travel schedules/itineraries/flights for the General Manager
22. Actively participates in the preservation of the environment and reuse, recycle or reduce whenever possible
23. Performs duties common to all general staff and any other tasks that may be assigned by the General Manager
24. When the Hotel Manager’s assistant is absent, able to cover those tasks as necessary.
Employees at The Peninsula Tokyo are talented, highly motivated, dedicated to excellence and have an aptitude for languages. In return, superb training and benefits, with structured career advancement and international job opportunities are offered to all.
The Peninsula Tokyo
The Peninsula Tokyo is a shining landmark located in the heart of Tokyo’s prestigious Marunouchi business district, opposite the Imperial Palace and a mere three-minute walk from Ginza, the city’s shopping hub.
Modern and contemporary design is tastefully complemented with Japanese accents at this gracious free-standing hotel, which offers 314 spacious guestrooms, including 47 suites.
Completing the hotel’s sophisticated facilities are five unique restaurants, a modern lounge bar, two ballrooms, six elegantly designed function rooms, a wedding chapel, a traditional Japanese ceremony room, a fitness centre offering state-of-the-art equipment, The Peninsula Spa, and a 20 metre (66 foot) indoor heated swimming pool with an adjoining outdoor terrace.