The Technical Support Engineer is responsible for providing business critical technical support to partners, highly-skilled customers, IT and functional staff, including Database Administrators, System Administrators, IT Managers and Directors, line-of-business Managers and Financial Controllers. In addition, the position requires frequent interaction with Product Development and Consulting Services, to deliver complete, comprehensive solutions and constant software and process improvement. In the role of Technical Support Engineer you will be providing telephone and/or Web based support for the company products.
・ Take ownership of customer issues and see problems through to resolution and provide enterprise level technical support to our customers via phone, web, and email and other support channels as required.
・ Research, diagnose, troubleshoot and identify solutions to resolve customer issues related to application use, design and configuration.
・ Provide prompt and accurate feedback to customers.
・ Effectively communicate complex technical issues to a broad range of customers and departments within the company, such as product management, software engineering, sales, and quality assurance.
・ Elevate customer issues to senior support engineers as needed, providing detail description of problems along with steps taken to analyze the problem.
・ Elevate hot fix requests to support managers for processing based on approved protocol.
・ Participate in regular support team meetings.
1. A bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent.
2. A minimum of 2 to 3 years providing enterprise level technical support experience.
3. A minimum of 1 year of software development or consulting experience in Visual Basic, VB.Net or equivalent.
4. Experience (“hands on”) with Microsoft Operating systems (desktop & server), Active Directory, and client/server applications is required.
5. Prefer experience with, SQL and/or Oracle Databases (installation, configuration, troubleshooting), IIS and WebSphere
6. Strong written and verbal communications. Qualifications (desired)
7. Familiarity with the company products.
8. Resourceful team player with strong interpersonal skills Result-oriented with strong problem-solving skills
9. Good reporting and documentation skills
10. Japanese - Native, English - Conversational or higher
CDS is a leader in executive search and recruiting services in Japan. We are a close and trusted partner of multinational corporations and start-up companies on search assignments for board members, country managers, and senior to mid-level management roles. CDS is part of RGF – the global arm of Recruit, Japan’s largest recruiting group – giving us wider client coverage and greater candidate access throughout Asia.
CDS was founded in Japan in 1998 and is headquartered in Tokyo. Our operations include a branch office in Osaka and a strong partnership network across Asia.
Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/cds.kk
CDS ホームぺージ: http://cds-consulting.com