- Launch Plan
- Package Development
- Product Data
- Product Announcement
- Launch Review
- Sales Tool/Premium
Job purpose / Overview:
- Product marketing executive’s key responsibility is to develop and implement new product launch plan and demand activation plans for strategically focused category/recipe as project leader based on the deep understanding of product benefit, insights of vets and consumers and category needs to contribute to Vet business growth.
- 40% for execution of product and marketing plan
- 30% for project management and interaction with stakeholders and participation in key meetings
- 20% for analysis, research, launch & leverage strategy development
- 10% for supervising marketing assistant
- Understand the market environment/vet industry, vet and consumer insight and needs, competitor trend by data analysis and vet and consumer research, and help develop robust strategy.
- Understand the nutritional benefit of product, and develop effective educational communication (nutrition story, copy & key visual) with Scientific Communication and advertising agency- Lead development and implementation of new product launch plan, product renewal plan, and activation plan of strategically focused category/recipe.
The plan includes;
- Preliminary volume forecast, product positioning, pricing, concept, selling story, marketing mix
- Educational communication plan (MG ad, tie-up, website, etc)
- Package claim
- Sales brochure and announcement letter
- Develop sales tool and update web product page (product catalogue, product book, counselling support tool)
- Collaborate and harmonize local touch point owners (Vet sales, Distributor, E-Business & CRM, Corporate Affairs, Scientific Communication, Supply Chain Distribution) for plan implementation to maximize the synergy.
- Manage advertising and promotion agency for flawless execution.
- Conduct post launch analysis and develop corrective action plan in timely manner by collaborating with Vet Sales.
- Manage project A&CP and improve ROI of marketing activities by tracking and measuring result
Context & scope
- Vet Pillar operates based on the annual cycle calendar with four cycle plans of NPD launch and leverage of existing focus category/recipe.
- Product marketing executive is required to implement the cycle plan with strong leadership and ownership by collaborating with key stakeholders (campus product manager and activation manager, regional sales & marketing, local multifunction and sales, external agency) and through internal operation process ( PMR, monthly TC with APAC, etc).
- This position is also required strong analytical and strategic thinking skills to develop launch and leverage and communication strategy of NPD and focus category/recipe as well as basic marketing functional skills such as vet and consumer insight understanding, concept development, pricing, agency brief and management, holistic marketing plan and copy and key visual development.
- At least 3 year experience in marketing department (Consumer and BtoB marketing experience in multi-national company is preferred)
- Bachelor degree or equivalent qualification
- Native Japanese and Business English TOEIC 700+ (need frequent communication in English with Campus and APAC region)
Knowledge / Experience:
- Experience of new product launch and holistic marketing plan development and deployment
- Experience of managing and directing advertising agency
- Experience of health care/medical device industry is preferred.
- Mission Critical MLC supporting competencies
(Planning, Priority Setting, Functional/Technical Skills, Peer Relationships, Action Oriented, Drive for Results)