My client is a provider of an advertising technology platform used by advertisers, agencies and media companies to target specific consumer audiences across many devices. They are looking for an Technical Engagement Manager for their large existing clients.
Position Title: Technical Engagement Manager(TEM)
The Technical Engagement Manager (TEM) plays the critical role in prescriptively shaping and then leading the execution of the successful partnership with our leading Enterprise client (“the Client”)
The TEM will report in to the Client Services Director and work closely with the CSD, Product, Technology and Operational teams to ensure both the smooth daily running of our client’s business, and the long-term strategic development of the partnership.
The TEM, through her/his own knowledge and the support of other Subject Matter Experts, serves as a trusted advisor to the Client, providing guidance to the sales, commercial & operational teams, ensuring synergies across projects, and delivering the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
As the job title suggests the TEM should be both technical and be able to engage with the Client. In many other markets this role is purely called “Engagement Manager”, but, because of the technically challenging nature of the Client, we require that the TEM is more technically proficient that might otherwise be necessary.
The most successful TEM would need to have a broad range of IT and consulting experience, with a deep functional knowledge of project management, and SaaS environments. Candidates must be solutions focused and demonstrate immense project delivery credibility, providing strong leadership and hands-on participation in strategic engagements. The efficacy of the TEM is measured by the ultimate success of the Client.
- The TEM will be the central point of contact for our main Enterprise client on a day to day basis.
- Identify and mitigate risks to customer success, be it through the addition of new products and services, strategy & planning, or escalation.
- The TEM will be responsible for maintaining strong relations with her/his counterparts at the Client and ensuring that there are open lines of communication so that all necessary commercial, operational and technical messages are efficiently and effectively communicated.
- The TEM will spend most of her/his time working at the Client’s office and is expected to build relationships throughout the entire hierarchy of the Client’s organization to ensure ongoing opportunities are realized and acted upon appropriately.
- The TEM will lead the development of client-specific implementation proposals, SOWs, engaging with SMEs across the organization to gain consensus on an acceptable proposal.
- Provide internal teams with subject matter expertise related to proposed solutions and client needs in order to ensure successful project delivery.
- The TEM will be responsible for running the daily, weekly and periodic meetings such as the Quarterly Business Review or the Monthly Quality Review.
- In the daily and weekly meetings the TEM will be our first line product expert and will be expected to be able to discuss the detail of the platform with the Client, listen to ideas for developments, and collate information on the Client’s expectations and own product roadmap.
- The Client likes to explore the technical details of the platform and potential product developments, and the TEM should be able to respond to most questions in person.
- Providing direct oversight to the project team during the full lifecycle of the engagement.
- The TEM will work closely with the Operations team to ensure that all operational issues are effectively communicated between the companies.
- The TEM will ensure that all other colleagues work together to ensure that all SLAs are hit
- The TEM will develop strong internal relationships and an understanding of our organization so as to facilitate ease of communication and assistance when required.
- Manage project- and account-level escalations as needed. Proactively mitigate and manage critical escalations; communicate effectively and appropriately with internal and external leaders and executives.
- Anticipate needs and position training, support and other solutions that may be needed for a successful customer experience
- Understand factors that drive customer success and how they directly contribute to long term customer retention.
- The TEM will work to ensure that the Client is aware of the commercial goals and is pushing its sales team to achieve those goals
- Fluent written and spoken business Japanese
- Fluent written and spoken business English
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- 7-10 years of experience
- 3+ years of working in a client facing environment managing senior client relationships
- 3+ years of enterprise level project/program experience executing on product integration and operational workflows.
- 2+ years’ experience as a technical architect on SaaS platforms or an Internet based product suite.
- Experience in a commercially-minded role is required
- Evidence of a pro-active attitude
- Self-starter able to quickly learn and practically apply new knowledge in a fast-paced client driven environment.
- Must be highly organized; possibly experienced in project management
- Great account management skills
- Evidence of objection handling
- Candidates with an Engineering background have been well received by the Client
- Evidence of combining the best of our global culture and values with Japanese business etiquette
- An ability to build relationships from senior Director down to entry level employee
- A good understanding of the Japanese Advertising and Media industry
- This is predominantly a commercial role, but the successful employees in this position have all come from a more technical background than a traditional commercial representative.
※ 年収はあくまで参考情報です。ご経験／スキルおよび前職での年収に基づき決定いたし ます。 ※For further information, please contact Mike Pollard at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 03-5765-2626.
Based in Tokyo, Japan, Vision Consulting Services K.K. primarily supports multinational IT firms with Japan offices. Our range of HR services include Executive Search, Temporary Staffing and Learning & Development programs.
We specialize in recruiting mid-career to senior bilingual Japanese professionals for a diverse range of industries, with particular expertise in Information Technology. Our clients include Software Vendors, IT Consulting and System Integrators, Hardware & Telecommunications, and Web Services companies We are a licensed recruitment agency for both Permanent and Temporary Staffing services, much of our business comes from referrals and long-term clientele.
We are Hiring at Vision Consulting Services K.K. in Tokyo!
For more information please visit: www.visionconsulting.jp
Company name: Vision Consulting Services K.K.
Founder: Curtis Mackenzie
Business: Staffing & Human Resource Solutions
Employees: 15-20 (Including Main Office and “Haken” Onsite staff)
Address: Minami Azabu, TMD Building 7F
Minami Azabu 2-12-7, Minato-ku, Tokyo, 106-0047
Licences: Recruitment License #13-ユ-302146
Temporary Staffing License # 特13-307468