- Work with the CEO, General Manager and other Departmental Managers to influence the creation and communication of company strategy, business priorities and targets.
- Translate the strategic goals into retail operational plans to achieve the required targeted growth in sales and profit.
- Identify and optimise promotional opportunities ensuring these are co -ordinated with site wide promotions and campaigns.
- Ensure the integration of the retail strategy with the company’s other activities, budgeting, purchasing, marketing activities included.
- Constantly review financial data and support the Finance Manager in providing realistic input into the sales budgets.
- Support day to day retail operations including the strategic planning of resources.
- Regularly produce and present a range of financial/non-financial reports for senior management and the Board of Trustees as required.
- Ensure that the retail operation complies with all policies and procedures relating to Security and Health & Safety.
- Spend time in each outlet with the retail shop teams and customers to understand and identify important business issues in order to develop and implement effective retail strategies.
- Take a lead role in building a strong sales management culture within the retail team; spend time coaching staff, identifying skills and opportunities for development; provide advice and guidance on shop management issues when needed.
- Proactively manage and review the performance and progress of staff, set objectives and targets; work with the General Manager to develop individual training plans for the team.
- Proven experience as a Sales manager (it can be area manager, retail manager) in a retail company. Useful to know: the brand is not currently working with department stores. It is therefore more important to focus on retail excellence rather than being able to work closely with department stores
- Preferred background: fashion. International Premium brand can be a plus, but fast fashion can apply well
- Thorough passion for retail field work (store visits, team management, understanding of store operations, VMD concepts)
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills. Ability to lead a team through changes
- Ability to travel. Expected to work out of office 50% of the time (will probably evolve)
- Language: Japanese a must. English and/or Spanish would be a plus.
RGF HR Agent Japan provides bilingual professionals to multinational corporations. We are functional recruiters focusing on Finance & Accounting, Banking, Legal, HR & GA, Logistics, Telecoms, Sales & Marketing, and Technology.
RGF HR Agent Japanは、外資系企業、グローバル企業へのプロフェッショナル人材に特化したグローバルリクルーティングサービスを提供しております。グローバルなキャリアを目指す皆様に、バイリンガルでそれぞれの職種専門分野に特化したコンサルタントが、懇切丁寧なカウンセリングの元、皆様に最適な案件をご提案させて頂きます。日本国内はもちろんのこと、海外の主要都市で人材紹介サービスを提供しており、リクルートグループの営業力を生かした幅広い職種のご提案と海外拠点とのネットワークを通して、グローバルな活躍の場をご提案いたします。