Customer Engagement Manager
The purpose of the Customer Engagement Manager position is the successful development of customer-specific services strategies and associated deals which align to customer priorities and expectations while growing Cisco’s services business profitably. The role directly supports the Services Delivery Executive or Regional leader where appropriate and will work closely with the services Solutions Integration Architects, Customer Operations Managers, Program & Project Managers, CoE Delivery & Practice Teams, Commercial Finance, and especially Cisco Sales Agents.
This critical role partners with the Cisco Sales team to ensure Cisco’s proposals and offers align with customer requirements and expectations and grow the Services Business profitably. The role will also work closely with the COE and Services Practices teams on the alignment of strategy and planning.
- Engage with Sales to identify options/ strategies for services offers/ proposals that meet Cisco and customer requirements
- High level strategy review and deal screening of proactive/reactive service proposals, RFX responses, etc.
- Accurate forecasting of revenue and margins; long range and 30/60/quarterly updates
- Provide a review function to ensure all offers requiring support by the Services Value Team are screened and vetted
- Presents periodic customer reviews of Cisco’s overall services portfolio and active/planned deliverables
- Supports contract development efforts with the Services Value Team
- Interlocks with Sales on Booking forecasts and sales funnel quality
- Interlocks with Services COEs on resource forecasting
- Interlocks with Services Practices on portfolio improvements
- Interlocks with Sales, SIAs, and COMs on defining upsell and new services sales opportunities
- Coordinates requirements gathering and analysis for new proposed services offers
- Data Analysis: Identifying patterns and trends in both quantitative and qualitative data to make decisions, solve problems, and devise solutions.
- System & Process Fluency: Using applications/systems and standardized processes to help improve the operational efficiency.
- Communication Skills: Ability to communicate clearly, build rapport, listen effectively and apply questioning techniques to understand sales team needs and resolve issues in a timely manner while maintaining a consistent demeanour.
- Critical Thinking: Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to address sales challenges and new opportunities; taking courses of action based on sound analysis and judgment.
- Time & Productivity Management: Applying personal organizational strategies and processes to prioritize and efficiently manage work activities.
The ideal candidate has sales, sales support, business development, product management, and/or project management background. 10+ years of experience.
This individual is energetic and personable, self-starter, thrives in a dynamic environment, possess the ability to manage several simultaneous designated projects.
Supervisory experience is highly preferred.
- Knowledge of Cisco Architecture solutions
- Tool and Process Knowledge
- Customer Operations Models (i.e. ITIL)
- English at business level
- Services Portfolio knowledge – Required
- Financial analysis and forecasting skills – Required
- Strong attention to detail – Required
- Ability to negotiate to successful outcomes – Required
- Ability to leverage business knowledge and data analyses to create actionable recommendations - Required
- Ability to lead and manage multiple initiatives which impacting Cisco’s services to achieve profitable growth – Required
- Ability to collaborate across multiple organizational boundaries to achieve objectives – Required
- Ability to anticipate, prioritize, and delegate work activities and leverage indirect resources to meet objectives – Required
- Ability to define/ implement process improvements utilizing quality assessment and improvement skills – Highly desired
- Excellent leadership, collaboration and communication skills – Required