The OTC derivative trading regulatory operations team ensures that all trades are in compliance with the existing and future domestic and cross-border regulations.
The team provides oversight of GTR reporting and ensures the reporting accuracy and timeliness.
They also engage in control improvement projects and quality assurance program, where necessary and applicable.
- Provides oversight of GTR reporting and Asia Pacific reporting. Where there are trade submission exceptions at source system, operations hubs or GTR level, works closely with counterparts overseas, middle office, technology to ensure issues get cleared in a timely manner.
- For changes and upgrades in GTR reporting, assists business requirement documentation, creates test scenarios, and participates in user acceptance testing.
- Participates in global operations coordination calls and system enhancement prioritization discussions, in which the business needs from Japan point of view shall be addressed.
- Analyzes changes of GTR requirements and processes and communicate their impacts to Japan Operations Control and, where necessary, Japan operations management and other business partners and stake-holders.
- Maintains good business relationships with the systems provider through regular dialogues and works closely where system rejections and rule exceptions occur, or when they participate in market-wide testing hooking up GTR with the internal systems.