Acting in a key relationship management capacity to provide a conduit between Group Japan IT teams and key business stakeholders to ensure Group information technology needs are managed consistently, following professional IT and global standards, and delivered with a high level of quality. This position involves assessing and articulating detailed operational, analytic and executive business requirements to design, deliver and support technology solutions leveraging and consistent with GIT standards. This position acts as a key account & demand manager between Group Market Japan business and Global IT to drive customer satisfaction through being a professional Business Partner, facilitating and interacting with management, users, technical teams and third parties as required.
*L1: Level 1 Support in Local
*L2: Level 2 Support in Regional
*GIT: Global IT
· Provide L1/L2 support for SAP (FICO)/Intranet (SharePoint)/Workflow (K2) system to ensure smooth running system operation. This includes but is not limited to; monitoring and managing IT tickets/daily operations relevant to the mentioned systems
· Providing technical support where possible
· Acting as a bridge between end users and L2/GIT/external vendors to resolve application issues in a timely/effective and satisfying manner
· Following SLA (Service Level Agreement) standards
· Identifying improvement areas/actions and drive it to implementation
· Establishing stable and mutual relationships with end users, L2 support team, Global counterparts, external vendors
· Support cross-function team (Finance/HR/Legal/GA/SCM) in achieving the team tasks and goals. This includes but is not limited to; supporting the cross-function team leader in analysing and enabling request for changes, and managing relevant projects
· Establish and maintain IT governance structure with Japan Process Owners to resolve issues and prioritize enhancement requests in support of Group strategic direction.
· Ensure internal customer satisfaction.
· Acquire and maintain knowledge of focus on responsible functions in a dynamically changing environment.
· Ensure systems supporting the business are operating effectively.
· Identify and steer Japan Market demand to GIT in a timely and comprehensive
manner. Ensure that business requests are communicated to and addressed by the appropriate GIT resources. Follow-up to ensure that the user requirements or issues are resolved.
· Leverage, recommend and implement Global Solutions/Functions whenever possible.
· Update and maintain business process documentation using company defined tool and standards.
· Implement the roll out of automation tools across related organizations. Train and support users in the use of these tools and communicate issues with appropriate GIT personnel.
· Accountable for project delivery of applications or technology impacting Japan business users including incident resolution, enhancements, upgrades, test coordination and new implementations.
· To act in a pro-active, strategic manner.
· Key Relationships: Key Relationships:
· Internal business customers
· Global IT, market and global (HQ) colleagues, including infrastructure.
· IT vendors, contractors.
· Minimum 3-5years of progressive experience as a system consultant in a global organization
· Experience with SAP (preferably FICO module)
· Extensive experience in troubleshooting and managing user expectations
· Pro-active mind-set to support the team and end users
· Pro-active mind-set to understand the "un-known"
· Ability to be self-directed while working under deadlines
· Ability to articulate and present issues and solutions
· Ability to identify problems collects data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
· Strong communication (written and verbal) in both English and Japanese
· Proven internal customer satisfaction / account skills (relationship and portfolio management).
· Proven business process analysis skills - ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, document findings, draw valid conclusions and propose solutions.
· Strong understanding of business processes in consumer product and manufacturing industries. Previous experience supporting IT requirements.
· Understanding the importance of working in a matrix organization leveraging technology solutions to solve business requirements and acting effectively within this structure. This position will align with Market and HQ GIT partners to accelerate new system delivery and improve standardization.
· Knowledge of the application deployment life cycle with strong analytical, systems and structured analysis, and social skills and with the ability to view issues and requirements from a business perspective.
· Project management knowledge and experience, including developing and maintaining project plans, providing regular communication, coordination, problem resolution and undertaking strong budget administration.
· Identify and propose opportunities for improvement.
· Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with management, internal customers, GIT colleagues and direct reports.
· Ability to effectively interact with all levels of business via phone, written communication and in person.
· A strong communicator with ability to create, plan and deliver presentations with confidence.
· Organizational, follow-through, negotiating/influencing and leadership skills.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
· SAP experience highly required, particularly SAP FICO area preferred
· Generic IT skills like SQL/PLSQL, MS sever, Database or OS commands
· MS office skills including MS access preferred
· Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in IT Operations, project management or a related field are highly desirable.
· Strong commercial awareness within the consumer products/manufacturing industry desired over a 3-5 year period is highly desirable.
· Strong written communication abilities with fluent written and spoken Japanese and English.
Behind any great company is a team of great people who work together to create success. Helping companies put together and develop winning teams is what PATHWAYS does. As an Asian company we place particular emphasis on integrity and developing lasting relationships, with our clients, with our candidates and with our staff.
Our team brings a unique mix of client and industry experience. These include: financial services, IT, staffing services, pharmaceutical, manufacturing, telecommunications, accounting, healthcare, military and hospitality.