The ideal Technical Support Engineer will demonstrate a proven aptitude for learning new technologies, evidenced by the ability to expand upon core knowledge. S/he will be highly analytical with the ability to derive facts quickly, methodically, and accurately. This is a customer facing role where as a Technical Support Engineer you will work to solve product and network problems of extremely high complexity. As the Technical Support Engineer, you must be able to configure highly complex lab setups to duplicate and solve customer related problems.
In addition, you will also handle other duties that commensurate with your role and the company needs. The Technical Support Engineer will be expected to delegate responsibilities to those within the team with the needed skill set, as well as promote a positive attitude. S/he will review and approve Knowledgebase articles based on their technical content and help to provide TOIs in specialty product areas.
- Offering technical support to customers regarding the more involved system configuration and implementation problem scenarios.
- Documenting cases to reflect the actions taken, informing customers of problem status and providing solution(s) or workarounds as developed in a professional timely fashion, over the lifetime of the support request
- Understand customer systems and configurations, analyze the more technically difficult problems, identify defects and recommend solutions
- Work closely with customers and engineers, as well as the Account teams. Setting customer expectations appropriately and accurately is also a requirement
- Work closely with engineering to develop workarounds to issues and suggest product changes to accommodate customer needs, as well as mentor and provide technical guidance to the more junior members of the Technical Support team.
- Development of support tools is also within these functional responsibilities
- Fundamental understanding of an operating system; for example, understands job control, soft and hard links or shortcuts, distinctions between the kernel and the user environment.
- A minimum of 4-5 years related experience.
- Intrusion Detection, Security tools and technologies;
- Firewall, VPN, IDS and related network security design and implementation;
- Strong endpoint security experience, including network design, implementation, and management;
- Desired security network, and systems related professional certifications are a plus
- Microsoft Windows.
- Linux, Unix System administration, TCP/IP, DNS, and troubleshooting experience.
- Network technologies (firewalls, routers, switches) and protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, LDAP etc.).
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with customers as well as with internal engineers.
- Excellent time management skills
- Extreme attention to detail
- Enjoys problem solving and displays an eagerness to learn new technologies/skills
- Packet trace analysis.HTML, scripting and programming experience are desirable.
- Ability to document calls and write FAQ and short instructional technical documents essential.
We provide specialized proactive recruitment support to
multinational clients who are setting up new operations or are
expanding existing business and seeking further growth in the
As the first Japanese recruitment company to set up operations in the
UK in 1975, understanding foreign cultures is second nature to us.
With our extensive global network and historically leading position as
recruitment consultancy to Japanese corporations, we have access to
an unrivaled pool of bilingual Japanese and foreign professionals.
Our professional consultants are experts in a range of Industries and
functions and all have extensive multicultural experience.
Based on JAC’s unique history, culture and market strength, JAC
International was founded to provide dedicated support to our
multinational corporate clients in Japan.
JAC International Co., Ltd. is a wholly owned subsidiary of JAC Recruitment. Co., Ltd.