The purpose of this position is to drive Incremental Revenue through consultative solution selling and management of pre-sales opportunities toward end-user accounts as well as solution partners.
The person is responsible for providing pre-sales technical support related to selected Enterprise products. At this point, the person in this role shall be expected to focus on Data Encryption Products but this focus may evolve/change in future.
The person in this position will focus on supporting in-house account sale managers as well as reseller partners such as solution and system integrators partners, as well as direct accounts in an “high touch” manner. This position demands a proactive business oriented behavior as well as quick response to customer/partner feedback for trend setting.
This position involves a broad range of sales related activities, including but not limited to participate and represent the company at tradeshows, product presentation to partners and end users and feedback marketing intelligence to product marketing team to ensure company’s products remain competitive in the market.
- University degree in computing or similar subject.
- Relevant security or professional certifications are welcomed CISSP, CCSP, OCP, OCA, etc.
- Minimum 5 years of technical experience in IT industry with at least2 years in a customer facing role.
- Deployment of web servers, application servers and database servers as well as experience in Windows and Unix operating systems
- Ability to understand information security principles and practices (cryptography, network security, etc.) and apply those for the purpose of Data Protection
- Programming background (Java, C++, .NET, SQL, XML …) although programming will not necessary be part of the job
- Experience and Understanding of Databases (Structured Data Oracle preferred, MS SQL, DB2 or other databases beneficial) as well as Storage (unstructured data, SAN and Cloud preferred)
- Additionally, experience with any of the following is also desirable and welcomed:
- Database Transparent Encryption (TDE & HSM) and Tokenization
- Storage solutions (NetApp, Hitachi, AWS EC2 & S3, VMWare)
- Cryptographic APIs like PKCS#11, MS CAPI/CNG, JCA/JCE, NTLS / HTL, KMIP
- PCI compliance
- Ability to understand Information Security concepts and applicability of those concepts to Data (Structured as well as Unstructured data)
- Ability to be in front of the customers and engage in the Requirement Analysis and Negotiations
- Ability to work with the product APIs, in term of specification, development suprvizion, testing and implementation
- Ability to develop and enhanced customer/partner relationships.
- Capability for application or network security solution selling.
- Consultative selling skill, capable of discovering customer pains and proposing solutions.
- Strong presentation skills, capable of articulating technical proposals to decision makers at both technical and business levels.
- Capable of working independently under quantitative sales objectives.
- Good and interpersonal skills with self-motivated personality.
- Willing to take challenging work and learn new technologies
- Excellent verbal and formal writing skills in Japanese language.
- Business level English writing and speaking skills and ability to communicate with Non-Japanese people over the phone
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following: (% of time)
60% Pre-Sales Technical Support
- Assist sales team to identify, qualify and quantify all opportunities within the assigned territory.
- Provide pre-sales technical support for all assigned products, including driving evaluation and proof of concept cycles.
- Participate in negotiation issues with customer on features, delivery, service level and contribute with compromises
- Initiate and supervise required technical integration or other custom development, including supervising internal or external developers.
- Assist technical support on critical post-sales support issues to achieve unsurpassed customer satisfaction.
- Work with sales team to develop and enhance customer and partner relationships.
- Create accurate and technically correct proposals both directly to end users and partners.
- Communicate with customers and partners on product changes, product upgrades and product innovations.
- Provide feedback and marketing intelligence to sales team and product marketing team to ensure company’s products remain competitive in the market.
- Other duties/projects as assigned
40% Consultative Solution Selling
- Research and understand market trends, customer needs and competition in regards to assigned products
- Works with management and sales team to identify up sell opportunities
- Deliver speech and presentation at appropriate customer conferences and trade shows.
- Create and deliver accurate and technically correct sales presentations both directly to end user prospects and partners
Scope of Responsibility:
- Assigned Territory – Japan
- Providing pre-sales technical support on assigned Enterprise products and assist sales team to achieve revenue targets at the assigned territory.
9-13M yen annually
For this and other opportunities feel free to contact Jan at 070-1238-2477 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We provide specialized proactive recruitment support to
multinational clients who are setting up new operations or are
expanding existing business and seeking further growth in the
As the first Japanese recruitment company to set up operations in the
UK in 1975, understanding foreign cultures is second nature to us.
With our extensive global network and historically leading position as
recruitment consultancy to Japanese corporations, we have access to
an unrivaled pool of bilingual Japanese and foreign professionals.
Our professional consultants are experts in a range of Industries and
functions and all have extensive multicultural experience.
Based on JAC’s unique history, culture and market strength, JAC
International was founded to provide dedicated support to our
multinational corporate clients in Japan.
JAC International Co., Ltd. is a wholly owned subsidiary of JAC Recruitment. Co., Ltd.