Becoming a Consultant with Boyd & Moore Executive Search speaks a great deal about you. We maintain high hiring and retention standards coupled with a training program that is ongoing and needs-based so that you can continue developing professionally as you grow with us. BMES not only hire and train the best, but we also offer our team members a number of personal and professional benefits that are not easily matched by competing firms including:
- Hands-on OJT-based training programthat is tailored to individual needs
- Continuous investmentin quality technologiesthat enhance communication and productivity while reducing time-to-market
- Sizeable and dedicated research teamto handle the more time-intensive administrative tasks like: Candidate research, follow-up, database administration, and resume formatting
- Cross-team communication and selling to share business development efforts and open more potential channels of revenueacross various teams within the firm
- Large databaseof professionals that is open to all members and is updated continuously and on specific needs basis
- Achievable individual performance-based title promotion plus additional title-specific benefitsincluding greater work-time flexibility, higher guaranteed percentages, and increased involvement in decision making
- Performance-based promotionto management posts both within and outside of Japan
- Compensation & Benefits (Comp. Ben.) Plan that is based on individual, rather than team, accomplishment; that allows a Consultant to benefit from all revenue signedwithin a quarter; and has a large number of built-in accelerators to encourage overachievement
- Quarterly incentive program, in addition to the Comp. Ben., with three separate areas of qualification including individual, team, and company achievement
At Boyd & Moore, we believe that our people have great potential and we want everyone to enjoy every success that realization of that potential has to offer. Do you have what it takes to become excellent?
The Executive Search Consultant is involved with the entire recruiting lifecycle of Candidates joining Client firms. The focus is on satisfying demanding Client human capital needs with best-fit professionals of all levels, from company Presidents to staff-level Sales and Technical Representatives. The position requires a high level of individual commitment to personal excellence in the context of a team.
From the first day, develop and deepen a professional network within your overall industry and the niche area(s) that you will cover, including professionals who may be potential clients or passive/active jobseekers, to leverage toward development and maintenance of consistent streams of revenue for BMES and ultimately yourself.
- Learn and develop best business practices. For the first three months, concentrate on learning core recruiting skills along with Boyd & Moore internal policy and procedures from training sessions as well as through observation of peers and hands-on OJT. Be proactive in expanding professional knowledge and abilities through continuing self-study and learning from colleagues. Actively participate in and contribute to companywide training and development efforts. Aim to become not simply a proficient “recruiter” but a “Recruiting Consultant’ who can add value to the hiring process for both Clients and jobseekers alike.
- Self-evaluate. Overachieve standard processes and goal metrics. Set professional development goals, plan and execute courses of action for achievement, measure results, and report on these activities to management. Constantly seek to raise your individual level of professional excellence in all areas.
- Demonstrate industry knowledge. Quickly obtain and/or further your working knowledge of your designated industry and niche area(s) of coverage through research and interaction with experienced and intelligent professionals from your focus field(s). Absorb and continue developing market insight to leverage in consulting Clients on their hiring goals/procedures and Candidates on their potential career paths/movement.
- Organize and manage your time effectively. Maintain a mentality of task completion. Create and follow effective time management methods and processes to ensure timely delivery of services and administrative tasks. Consistently follow through with all duties and assignments. Cooperatively schedule and attend internal meetings and events.
- Self-motivate. Maintain a positive attitude in a position that can involve high levels of stress and complex processes. Deal effectively with multiple internal/external projects of varied complexity and changing priorities in an entrepreneurial work environment.
- Create and deepen Client relations. Identify and on-board high caliber multinational client firms seeking human capital growth. Meet HR, line managers, and top-level executives to create enduring business relationships. Once relationships have been established, build on these through consistent delivery of high quality recruiting services. Report activities conducted on behalf of Clients in a timely and regular manner to ensure smooth communication flow.
- Identify and screen professionals. Conduct regular interviews (primarily in English) with Japanese and foreign candidates from all organizational levels to discuss professional background, career goals and clarify soft skill efficiencies. Share meeting notes internally to ensure appropriate opportunities can be presented to individuals you have met.
- Match career objectives of industry professionals to specific hiring criteria. Confidently introduce and clarify career opportunities to properly qualified individuals via meetings, telephone and e-mail communications. Provide further consultation to interested individuals regarding Client organizations and support Candidates throughout the interview cycle leading to employment.
Boyd & Moore Executive Search (BMES) headquartered in Tokyo, Japan provide senior executive and management-level recruiting services in Japan and other Asia Regional markets. Our team of recruiting professionals has extensive experience recruiting for multinational corporations and professional service organizations in a range of vertical markets within the Technology, Semiconductor & Electronics, Professional Services (HR & Accounting-related), Life Sciences, Finance, Consumer & Marketing, and Chemical & Industrial sectors.
BMES maintain a substantial network of contacts with talented senior executives as well as more junior professionals with superior skills and exceptional career potential. We build long-term relationships with our candidates by providing ongoing information about current opportunities and advice on career development. We conduct our recruiting activities with professionalism and the strictest regard for confidentiality.