Every great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here.
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery… the stuff dreams are made of.
Who We Are…
When we say, “the stuff dreams are made of,” we’re not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD’s vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what’s next…
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
The Warner Bros Discovery (WBD) Sourcing Associate for Japan supports category strategy development and associated initiatives for the company. He/she is a sourcing generalist with prior experience in procurement. He/she proactively partners with the business stakeholders to develop category strategies and lead sourcing projects, enable specification definition and demand management, as well as managing supplier performance and innovation activities. Japan represents $150m in third party spend and contributes to business success and revenue growth. Warner Bros Discovery (WBD) Sourcing Associate will report to the Senior Manager Japan.
Category Management - 25%
- Conducts analysis of market conditions to proactively manage changes in the marketplace & develop project plans to address such issues.
- Obtains relevant information for developing new commodity strategies, considering the entire supply chain, information and economic considerations.
- Identifies key internal customers and stakeholders, and interfaces with them to understand current and future business requirements.
- Compiles and synthesizes both business requirements and external market conditions to develop optimal commodity strategy with full understanding of potential shortfalls and risk mitigation plans.
- Develops initial hypothesis of key savings drivers for commodity across multiple levers – price, cost, demand and process.
- Develops and compiles required Request for Information (RFI), Request for Quotation (RFQ) or Request for Proposal (RFP) to facilitate development of sourcing strategy.
- Develops commodity strategy recommendations in a persuasive fashion and leads implementation of sourcing strategy (sole source or short-list negotiations, leverage added scope, competitive bidding, eSourcing tools, catalogs, reverse auctions, etc.).
- Partner with Supplier Diversity efforts to creatively include MWBE in supplier selection process and creatively grow existing MWBE spend.
- Contributes to environmentally friendly purchase efforts to support WBD Environmental Purchase Guidelines.
Supplier Selection / Management -15%
- Conducts comprehensive supplier analysis (strategic direction, financial health/risk due diligence, market position/power, capabilities & capacity, resiliency).
- Monitors supplier relationship programs that cut across multiple business divisions to ensure service levels are being met.
- Identifies key performance indicators (perfect order, growth drivers, production constraints, investment strategies) to drive business value for both parties and to seek out and find emerging business improvement opportunities.
- Conducts periodic supplier meeting to address performance.
- Leverages WBD’s Supplier Diversity Program and Sustainability partners to include diverse and environmentally friendly vendors in supplier selection processes.
Sourcing-driven Project Management - 10%
- Identifies opportunities where project management expertise needs to be implemented and works to ensure that those involved in key projects are managing them optimally.
- Demonstrates consistent success in meeting or exceeding goals, timelines, and expectations for multiple projects that may be occurring simultaneously.
Financial, Cost, Spend Analysis. Cost Savings Reporting -25%
- Can apply various types of financial analyses to address Strategic Sourcing challenges.
- Conceives and develops complex analytical & pricing models to address Strategic Sourcing challenges, including spend baseline development, bid evaluation and savings calculations.Can develop detailed analyses of financial statements and business unit cost structures.
- Develops tracking mechanisms, monitors compliance and creates usage/leakage reports.
- Leverages Sourcing Tools & Process team and spend management tool during opportunity assessment to conduct market research and determine baseline spend and associated cost.
- Breaks paradigms to look at financial/analytical problems in new ways.
Negotiations, Contract Creation & Management - 25%
- Develops and conducts negotiations strategies to maximize value to WM across price, service and quality elements.
- Has the necessary business acumen to be thoroughly conversant in the intent and rationale behind contract provisions from a business as well as legal perspective, and acts as a liaison between the contracting parties, WBD Legal, and management.
- Recognizes differences in requirements and strategies across business units and coaches others to use that understanding to optimize WBD protection/advantages.
- Develops and implements simplified processes which facilitate timely, effective contracts (makes it easy to do the right thing).
- Prepares written reports and presentations on contract administration activities for management within Procurement
- 1-3 years strategy, operations and sourcing experience in a sophisticated sourcing environment
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or a technical major is required.
- Experience in the Media & Entertainment industry is required
- Professional accreditation in sourcing / procurement preferred
- Functional Skills
- Proficiency in developing complex RFPs and conducting complex bid analysis
- Application of Strategic Sourcing best practices
- Cross-Function & Cross-Divisional collaboration & understanding is essential
- Behavioral Skills
- Initiative: self-motivated, works independently, minimal direction needed
- Relationship Building: gaining trust, service orientation, customer focus
- Planning & Organization: strong project leader, emphasis on execution, multi-tasking & managing multiple priorities
- Communication: clear, concise communicator with attention to detail, ability to translate complex messages into commonly understood terms
- Influencing others: without authority, persuasion, ability to see multiple perspectives
- Demonstrates and practices a high degree of professional integrity and ethical responsibility in all business activities
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood, disability or any other category protected by law.