I. BUSINESS CONTEXT AND CHALLENGE OF THE POSITION
CHANEL Fragrance & Beauty Product (FBP) Division is on a journey to anticipate new beauty trends and future cosmetic needs for its consumers including environmental and social considerations.
In this context, the Innovation, Research & Development (IRD) Department of CHANEL FBP is constantly creating and developing performant, sustainable and original solutions for skincare, make-up, and toiletries products.
The role of Innovation & Partnerships Department of Japan R&I Cosmetic Laboratory is to foster an open innovation environment inspired by Asia market specificities to support activities of IRD.
Its main responsibility consists in identifying and analyzing innovation and research tracks from various technical fields, suggesting breakthrough solutions for our cosmetic products and services, and developing know-how and technological bricks through internal collaboration and/or external partnerships. The fields of application cover active and functional ingredients, formulation approaches and processes, product performance evaluation and added values to formula such as gestures and client experiences.
The Innovation & Partnership researcher reports to Innovation & Partnership Department Manager.
II. TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Impact at CHANEL
Imagine and propose innovative cosmetic solutions that anticipate future cosmetic needs, embody brand image, and match Chanel global strategy.
Demonstrate the potential of performant and sustainable technical solutions and implement them into cosmetic formulation.
Contribute to the identification and development of innovative know-how and scientific knowledge.
The Innovation and Partnerships Researcher is responsible for the following:
• Identify and analyse new scientific concepts, emerging trends, and innovative technologies in local environment for future generation of cosmetic products.
• Convert these technological solutions into key opportunities for the brand by building project proposal considering competitor landscape and CHANEL's strategic research areas.
• Develop a diversified partnerships network in various technical fields to strengthen the activity.
• When required, set-up collaborations and prepare contract with the support of IP and Legal teams.
• Manage project portfolio to achieve goals and deliver proof-of-concepts with close interaction with partner and collaborators.
• Consolidate the potential of these innovation by developing formulation prototypes and suitable evaluation method for performance assessment.
• Ensure the transfer and implementation of these innovative technological bricks into cosmetic formulation product development.
The key working relation comprises:
• The local teams of Cosmetic Laboratory and Prospective Marketing in Japan
• The International R&I centers
• The corporate IRD and International Marketing teams (HQ)
What CHANEL can bring to the right candidate:
• Experience as a key luxury market leader
• A company culture putting people first in every step on the way (privately owned company)
• The opportunity to manage ambitious and innovative projects in a creative and international context
• A global company operating in major regions of the world with opportunities to evolve and grow within the House.
CHANEL is a human driven company, fostering collaboration, creativity and personal development and caring in sustainable development and societal stakes.
• MSc / PhD in chemistry, physical-chemistry, material science, pharmaceutics and/or cosmetics.
• More than 10 years of professional experience in research and innovation corporate environment (industry).
• Strong scientific background to evaluate the potential of scientific concepts and technologies for cosmetic applications.
• Project management and leadership skills.
• Experience in collaborating with external partners and international teams.
• Strong communication, analytical and presentation skills.
• Experience in luxury cosmetic brand is a plus.
• Native Japanese level and English business level.
• Strong curiosity and appetite for innovation and new technologies.
• Creativity, to design innovative solutions and identify future trends.
|会社の種類||大手企業 (300名を超える従業員数) - 外資系企業|