|勤務地||東京都 23区, 新宿区|
|給与||400万円 ~ 450万円|
We seek experienced writers/editors for full-time positions developing content for English-proficiency tests.
1. Write, edit, and proofread content for reading, listening, speaking, and writing tests according to detailed test specifications.
2. Take part in intensive editorial meetings in which proposed content (sometimes your own) is critiqued and revised.
3. Assign and manage subcontracted work, evaluating the performance of item writers and providing feedback and further training.
4. Train, manage, and evaluate examiners and raters.
5. Rate responses from speaking and writing tests.
6. Assist at test sites as an administrator or examiner.
7. Report to senior editors and section managers.
8. Perform general office work as needed.
9. Maintain courteous, professional spoken and written communication in both Japanese and English.
The atmosphere in our office is friendly, creative, and collaborative, but it can also be quite intense due to the high-stakes nature of the tests we produce. Successful candidates will be flexible and well-organized, thrive under pressure, meet deadlines, and care deeply about spelling, grammar, punctuation, and style. You will work as part of a team of committed, professional editors of various nationalities, gain expertise in language-test development, and further develop your writing and editing skills, all while directly contributing to English-language education in Japan.
|英語レベル||ネイティブ (英語使用比率: 75％程度)|
1. Native English speaker.
2. Bachelor’s degree or higher; TESOL certification preferred.
3. Exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
4. Experience writing or editing materials for publication; test-development experience strongly preferred.
5. Experience teaching English at a Japanese junior and/or senior high school.
6. Advanced Japanese language skills (JLPT Level N2 or higher).
7. Able to work as part of a team in a Japanese office environment.
8. Reside within commuting distance of central Tokyo.
9. Strong desire to contribute to English language education in Japan; interest or background in language testing or applied linguistics a plus.
|給与||400万円 ~ 450万円|
|勤務時間||9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.|
|休日・休暇||Saturdays, Sundays, national holidays|