求人ID : 1161113
Delivers innovative network solutions
Account Director for Service Provider
The individual will be the prime responsible for creating and execute a business development plan for growing Ciena’s Routing and Switching/Ethernet Networking solutions business in Japan primarily to Tier 1 Service Provider, along with associated management and application software products.
In executing this function, this position will:
- Working with the customer & Ciena Sales to establish a pipeline of Routing and Switching/Ethernet opportunities, suitably qualified with baseline vs. opportunity/upside, probability, valuation, and risk metrics for the current fiscal year.
- Establish and drive a Go-To-Market plan for Routing and Switching /Ethernet networking business incubation, with clear growth established.
- Closely work with Partner and Ciena Partner prime to drive Routing and Switching /Ethernet business.
- Liaise with the APJ CTO team and various other functions in APJ and Ciena Corporate/Global in capturing, vetting, and executing the business development plan.
- Serve as a primary customer interface for advocating and placing Ciena’s Routing and Switching /Ethernet solutions into Service Provider and Enterprise networks, either directly or via suitable channels.
- Drives a cross-functional team to establish major elements of the business incubation plan, including:
- Understand Routing and Switching/Ethernet business trends in Japan Market and identify Ciena addressable opportunities within the customer's organisation.
- Analysis, trending and quantification of the Routing and Switching/Ethernet networking market within the customer's organisation to identify where key spend patterns and applications exist that can be targeted by the IP/Ethernet networking incubation activity
- Establishment of engagement strategies for the top 5 Routing and Switching /Ethernet spenders within the customer's organisation (or partners/channels), including both business enablement strategies and network/architecture visions for these customers. Further includes establishment and tracking of Ciena sales coverage models within these customers
- Creation of a business incubation plan and pipeline for tracking Routing and Switching/Ethernet networking opportunities and sales funnels, with a view towards articulating a quantified plan/forecast for current fiscal year as well as rolling 3 years
- Establishment of a “playbook” of Ciena Routing and Switching/Ethernet Networking sweet-spot applications and solutions, including any necessary adjustments from Ciena global/corporate solutions focus to regionalize these for success in-region
- Creation of suitable collateral and selling tools to articulate the value of the various applications/solutions for a variety of audiences (executive vs. working, business vs. technical decision makers, etc.)
- Working closely with the sales team to up-sell into existing Ciena CPO customer install base
- Advocacy of the “vital few” Routing and Switching/Ethernet networking deals and opportunities that must execute in the near to mid-term to achieve the objectives of the stated business incubation plan
- Communicates with customers (and channels/partners) across Japan at a range of levels, to champion Ciena’s Routing and Switching/Ethernet Networking solutions (i.e., “playbook”). Shows strong ability to communicate a good blend of technology/networking trends, as well as business value of Ciena solutions. This implies frequent and sustained engagement to build and maintain the customer’s trust and confidence during long sales cycles and drive to successful outcome for Ciena.
- Drive the numbers to meet the Routing and Switching/Ethernet orders and margin targets for APJ
- Engineering Degree or equivalent with 10+ years of solid telecommunications industry experience, with prior Tier 1 carrier experience.
- Japanese and English language is mandatory.
- Proven track record of selling Routing and Switching/Ethernet solutions into Tier 1 Service Provider in Japan.
- Proven track record of carrying and exceeding Routing and Switching/Ethernet Sales quota, and driving others to do so
- Sound working knowledge of current Routing and Switching/Ethernet technologies and trends, including: MEF Ethernet services, IP/Ethernet transport architectures, and IP/Ethernet-optical networking trends and technologies.
- Established track record of leading a cross-functional team and leading “by influence” rather than by direct authority.
- Proven experience in assessing top down and bottoms up market conditions, synthesizing pipelines/plans from these, and achieving to the plan
- Ability to dialog with customers on the merits of next gen Routing and Switching/Ethernet networking technologies, including G.8032, ITU and IETF OAM technologies, IP/Ethernet tunneling technologies (MPLS-TP), IP/Ethernet Networking Control-Plane technologies (BGP, Segment Routing, etc.), and IP/Ethernet-optical convergence. Dialog must successfully encompass both technical and business merits to at least “first level” conversations
- Good communicator at all levels – from board level to technical and operational personnel.
- Good team building skills, showing the ability to exert direct and indirect influence
- Strong process management, problem solving and organization skills.
- Ability to connect into the various parts of the Ciena APJ and corporate/global organization
- Ability to craft and execute complex sales strategy and ability to drive technical solution to closure.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
1000万円 ~ 2000万円