The Account manager, working within the Informa Tech team in the Japan, will execute against sales goals, including accurate forecasting and revenue attainment. This generally includes qualifying and disqualifying new business opportunities, identifying customer needs/challenges, delivering executive Omdia point of view dialogue, delivering solution presentations to new customers, developing proposals, negotiating contracts, closing business in a timely manner, and fully comprehending the unique Omdia value proposition.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accountability for driving revenue growth across Omdia’s business to meet or exceed expectations, including identification of revenue drivers and metrics focused on market expansion and penetration.
- Show aggressive and polished tactics in opening up relationships and closing business opportunities
- Monitoring performance-to-plan throughout the fiscal year and adjusting direction, focus and sales initiatives as needed to effectively penetrate the market.
- Develop and manage sales pipeline effectively -creating and managing their sales pipeline of business opportunities in Salesforce within the assigned territory, generating leads from face-to-face needs discovery calls with customers as well as following inbound leads from marketing, the technology analyst team, industry events and other sources.
- Based on opportunities in the sales pipeline in Salesforce, provide weekly forecasts within a 95% accuracy rate to create visibility with all market owners on revenue trends and actions to drive revenues to plan
- Understanding the product sales cycle and challenges, including the strategies of competitors, and leveraging this knowledge to hone sales strategies
- Establish a strong network & relationships with the key decision makers as well as C-level executives within the customers’ organizations to expand sales of Omdia products, services and consulting engagements
- Research and stay one step ahead of the market, the client’s needs and competitive intelligence, develop and execute account plans & strategies for key customers in conjunction with sales & business leadership
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the manufacturer and technology related industries, including industry trends, business processes, financial measurements, performance indicators and key competitors.
- Competency in delivering price for value relative to the appropriate product solution, working with Product, Consultant, Sales Management and Analyst to ensure proper positioning of complex solutions.
- Work closely with internal teams to ensure customers’ satisfaction
- Consistently achieve/exceed sales targets
- Achieve customer retention targets minimum 85%
- Communicate constantly with existing customers and prospects via F2F, phone & email 70% of time.
- EE, Business or marketing-related degree or equivalent prefer
- Telecommunications, Mobile Network industry experience desired, especially in semiconductor industries, covered more than 3 industries in the past – Telecommunications, Mobile Network, Automotive, Industrial Automation etc.
- Good listening skills, resilient, persuasive, and sense of humor
- Analytical, structured thought process with the ability to assess business opportunities and read prospective buyers
- 7+ years’ experience in sales experience working in sales
- Excellent Japanese and English written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable being an individual contributor, faster learner quick perform
- The ability to adapt to new situations quickly and think on your feet
- 10%-15%+ travel required
Informa is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the
basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics under local law.
To apply for this opportunity and develop your career within an industry-leading global brand, please send your full resume / CV and a cover letter to email@example.com highlighting your suitability and salary expectations.