Network Engineer / ネットワークエンジニア - Financial Investments & Securities Firm
- Network Operations Support and Projects for continuous improvements
- Career Growth opportunities in network automation / NetDevOps (Ansible, Python, etc.)
Exciting new opportunity in Tokyo for a Network Engineer (Japanese and English speaking) to work in a team to support BAU network maintenance and change operations, plus ongoing network infra projects.
Our client is a successful multinational Financial Services sector company and they provide an excellent environment for a highly motivated engineer to learn the skills required to manage to maximum performance, a critical, highly available, secure enterprise Network.
This is a highly technical and service-focused position involving both operational support and project delivery in a global environment. This engineer is expected to have a broad technical understanding of Data Centre, Network, Firewall and Security solutions.
Your skills and experience:
- Strong hands on experience of managing network, firewall, proxy, security and voice products including but not limited:
- Cisco Routing & Switching products
- F5 load balancing and security technology (GTM/LTM/ASM/AFM)
- Palo Alto firewall
- Aruba wireless and ClearPass Policy Manager
- Mobility solutions like Pulse Secure
- Zscaler, SilverPeak SDWAN
- QIP DNS
- AWS cloud network
- Strong hands on managing network protocols and technologies e.g. OSPF, BGP, STP, 802.1q, PIM, HSRP/VRRP.
- Excellent understanding of network architecture, design and support.
- Excellent business sense for a technical support environment.
- Good analytical skill and able to solve complicated problem logically
- Must be flexible in approach to work content and responsibilities.
- Able to work under pressure within a busy environment and effectively multi-tasking
- Confidence in communicating with various local Japan-based and global network product and service vendors (Japanese & English)
You'll be accountable for:
- Provide technical support for products including firewall, load balancing, proxy, network and voice for JP and globally in the other locations.
- ITIL based Incident/Change/Problem management in a global operational environment
- Projects delivery and related technical supports in a global environment
- Leveraging external vendors to maintain the Data Centre operations in Japan and Hong Kong
- Resolving complicated technical issues with effective engagement with vendors
- Smooth service transaction from project delivery to operation via proper documentation, knowledge transferring and service readiness assessments
- Ensuring customer satisfaction, operational KPI and delivery of high quality of the service
- Work with suppliers and vendors for technical escalation and regular service maintenance renewal
- Work with incident managers, project managers and senior stakeholders to deliver services and projects
- Collaborate with colleagues across different regions to support tasks outside Japan
- Able to work over the weekend based on business requirements
Eligible candidates must be presently residing in Japan or have permission to work in Japan and able to return to Japan quickly.