Provide technical support in assisting requester in their initial installation, and continue to offer assistance in areas such as SmartHands, cross-connects and other services in the data center or at remote sites.
- Supervise customers' vendors working in the data center.
- Maintain the data center infrastructure cabling and also attend to internal queries and other deployment matters.
- Operate and monitor the equipment in the data center including network and provide supports to the other team and the regional/global support group.
- Manage installations projects for customers and other development initiatives to improve for the data center infrastructure and systems
- Report on service parameters and metrics for billing and management purposes
- Ensure all installations are completed within schedule time and meet the quality standards of the company
- Ensure the services delivered meet the SLA parameters, and document the statistics and metrics for good administration.
- Maintain good rapport with the customers and support them in areas such as installation, troubleshooting and remote hands
- Resolve to all issues in good time and/or escalate them when necessary.
- Ensure customer satisfaction.
- Locals or foreigners who understanding the Japanese culture and work ethics are welcome to apply
- Must be adjusting to work on hours variously depending on projects such as late night, early morning, weekends and holidays.
Least two of the following Technical skills:
- Networking: router, switch or other NW devices for engineering and or operation
> TCP/IP suite, Routing protocols and Ethernet
> Administration tools (Monitoring, trouble shooting and configuration)
> Carrier services and B2B inter connections
- Operating systems: Microsoft, Unix/Linux (Sun, Linux), clustering, load balancer
- Cabling: UTP and Fiber cabling, patching and testing
- Minimum 2-3 year of working experience an IT industry, preferably in a data center, ISP or telecommunications environment.
- Possess good customer service knowledge, and has supported both Japanese and non-Japanese customers.
- Possess hands-on installation experience in IT infrastructure area
- Cisco certification
- Microsoft certification
- Licensed Electrician
- Chief Telecommunications Engineer
- Data Center professional
- Proactive, energetic and self-motivated.
- Team player and understand group dynamics
- Has good communication and interpersonal skills.