What will you do at Ciena?
Learning Instructional Delivery of training content to customers, partners, and employees to drive adoption and usage of Ciena solutions. Combine a passion for teaching, with enthusiasm for technology, to drive learning and establish positive customer relationships.
Responsible for traditional classroom methods as well as deliver new ways of learning through a variety of media including Virtual and Online Instruction. To have a good understanding of Optical transport (DWDM) and Packet layer 2 networks and their operations. Layer 3 knowledge would be an asset.
- Work directly with sales teams to help define training requirements for customer and Ciena employees
- Deliver Ciena Product and Solutions training to customer and Ciena employees
- Assist in the installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of CIENA training systems
- Travel to customer locations as required to deliver targeted instructional programs
- Support the Global account/sales engineering community with pre-sales and post-sales activities that may include market readiness (new product introduction) support, technical consultation, solution evaluation and architecture design, and other engineering network design consulting.
- Embrace the ‘feedback loop’ by engaging with various engineering teams to transform concepts, requirements and telemetry into new training concepts.
- Be passionate about learning and adopting new technologies that will ease your day-to-day job.
- Keep abreast of Training requirements necessary to meet customer training needs
- Significant travel required to customer locations to deliver instructional programs
Success will evidence itself in the following ways:
- Understanding of Ciena product and technologies in both the Packet and Optical arenas
- Knowledge and hands on experience implementing end to end solutions in a client environment with a background in in both the Packet and Optical arenas
- High level of customer first mind set, flexibility, creativity, and dependability
- Ability to adapt/respond in a dynamic, fast-paced, customer-focused network environment characterized by rapid change, minimal lead times, and multiple competing priorities.