Job Description and Responsibilities:
• You will be responsible for working directly with strategic customers on new business opportunities in developing a commercially viable engineered solution to application requirements.
• Activities include developing solutions and proposals for unique applications, working with customers’ engineers, our Product Development (IPD), Technical Innovation Center (TIC), our manufacturing locations and vendors.
• Collaborate design assistance with customers for “Build to Print (B2P)” business in order to enhance our chances of winning.
• Translate customer requirements to product requirements, articulating a clear, differentiated, compelling value proposition, including solution, product, technology, and financial value.
• Influence both internal and external customers and partners on customer technical requirements and selection of product specs and features.
• Work with and drive internal sales, manufacturing and development teams to determine the feasibility of specific new products or features and ensure customer specifications are met.
• Identify and communicate required customer focused collaterals (e.g., product prints, cross references, datasheets, testing requirements etc.).
• Provide value added engineering and application solutions to customers and resolve application/technical problems if any.
• In this role you will report to the Global Account Manager and together take full responsibility for the growth of the assigned account(s).
As a member of our company business development team, there will be other tasks that you will perform from time to time that cannot be anticipated in the description above.
• 10+ (minimum 5) years’ automotive industry working experience. Automotive Tier 1 or Tier 2 working experience preferred.
• Background in interconnect, stamping, plating or molding industry is preferred.
• Fluent in English and Japanese.
• Preferably a bachelor's degree in Mechanical/Electrical engineering or related science.
• Good computer skills and the ability to use Engineering software (CAD) and CRM (Microsoft Dynamics) for account maintenance and reporting.
Qualifications and Skills:
• The candidate must be highly motivated, creative and have excellent communication and customer service skills.
• Strong technical background in Automotive, Electronics and Manufacturing Industry with an in-depth understanding of automotive products and its manufacturing concepts.
• The candidate must have experience working directly with customers in an application based selling environment developing solutions to customer requirements.
• An engineering background with a thorough understanding of the manufacturing technologies and material selection of plastic molded and over-molded components, small precision non-ferrous metal components parts and high-speed progressive stamping.
• Comfortable presenting to customer cross functional teams and to a large audience company capabilities and technical topics as relates to evolving mobility technologies.
• Creative and innovating thinking based on facts and an analytical approach.
• Strong presentation and negotiation skills. Confidence and a persuasive manner.
• Tight organizational and time management skills.
• Great business sense and the ability to work to top line and bottom line sales targets.
• Willing to travel frequently to other Regions including International.
The company is a global manufacturer specializing in the development and manufacture of precision components and assemblies. The company offers vertically-integrated precision metal stamping, reel-to-reel electroplating, insert and injection molding and product assembly, along with unique processes such as reel to reel chemical etching, various types of surface treatment, Cold Forging and precision machining. With facilities in the United States, Mexico, Scotland, France, Germany, Hungary, Czech Republic, India, Malaysia, Indonesia, Vietnam and China, our company supports customers from every region.
We are a global supplier of custom interconnect and electronic packaging solutions. Our diverse global customer base includes mobility, mobile devices, medical, industrial and consumer electronics suppliers and networking and enterprise solutions.
Our mobility product technologies are applied in power control, electrical/electronic control, sensors and various other mechatronic products. Our existing core competencies include power lead frames, complex insert molded plastic housings, electrical inter-connects, ECU housings, semi-conductor packaging, electro-mechanical assemblies, intricate stampings and plated parts.
～ 世界10都市の日本企業に、人材を紹介・コンサルティング。 ～
TOP US ─ New York・Los Angeles・Texas・Atlanta・San Francisco・Chicago
TOP Mexico─ Mexico city・León
TOP Canada─ Vancouver