Lead a group of Internal Collections!
- This role will lead a group of ~20 employees in Internal Collections as well as Operations team to meet expected levels of productivity & governance along with managing 3rd party Call & Collect and Specialty partners in the region.
- The incumbent will be responsible for developing and executing strategies aimed at maximizing Collections effectiveness and minimizing operational risk.
- Working closely with and under the guidance of the Director of Collections for the region, the incumbent will provide thought leadership on all collection matters, conduct regular reviews to proactively identify trends and take timely actions to mitigate impact to performance.
Key responsibilities include
- Adopt a hands-on approach to drive best in class Collections performance.
- Provide thought leadership and drive initiatives to maximize returns through best-in-class collection economics
- Collaborate with Risk Management, Credit and other functions to develop and implement improvement initiatives
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships within and outside the department
- Ensure 24 x7 audit readiness, compliance to regulatory & American Express norms and work to achieve satisfactory outcomes in audit
- Achieve high levels of employee engagement and motivation
- Lead, coach and develop team members and create an environment that helps attract and retain best in class talent
- Strong experience in credit / collections operations
- Highly developed analytical skills with strong attention to details
- Ability to lead, influence, and contribute at various levels of the business
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Proactive, solution oriented approach
- Excellent communications skills, ability to build and leverage relationships
- Ability to drive innovation and change in a fast moving environment
- Must be proficient in both Japanese (Native level) and English (business fluency)
Trust. Integrity. Security. Quality. Customer service. These attributes are the hallmarks of American Express® - the world's most respected service brand.
Established as a freight express company in 1850, American Express® has evolved into a world leader in the card market, providing charge and credit cards to consumers, small businesses and corporations. We are also the world's largest travel agency, offering travel and related consulting services to individuals and corporations around the world. Our worldwide network also processes millions of merchant transactions every day.
With more than 65,000 employees around the world, American Express has never been more competitive. Through sophisticated marketing and information management capabilities, we can target high-spending, high-creditworthy Cardmembers to customise products, services, rewards, special offers and experiences, while helping to build the business of our merchant partners.
As we have throughout our long and varied past, American Express continues to deliver valuable and innovative services to our customers. We remain committed to our longstanding core values. And, as it was in 1850, we are poised to seize new opportunities in a rapidly changing industry and world.