Job ID : 1435579
Date Updated :
October 2nd, 2023
Group Marketing Manager (海運業代理店)
Tokyo - 23 Wards, Minato-ku
7 million yen ~ Negotiable, based on experience
Remote Work and WFH
The Main Purpose of the job is to maximize profitability through effective marketing and customer service is delivered.
The job Exists to ensure effective marketing is executed.
The job Contributes towards customer support of the Group service offering.
PRINCIPAL JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES AND CURRENT OBJECTIVES
Business Development and customer relationship management
・Build effective relationships with current and prospective customers and seek opportunities to assist Group offices/partners to secure additional business. Keep them proactively informed about existing/new services and or changes that might have an impact on them.
• Visit key customers in a systematic, planned manner and manage requests and enquiries through phone/email/IM etc.
• Be conversant with Group Key Account Management and CRM policies/techniques and apply these as appropriate. Ownership of Key Accounts where appropriate.
• Promote cross selling of Group products through value chain analysis and ensure complementary services of the Group (i.e., Group Logistics & Marine) are identified and opportunities managed by competent stakeholders.
• Participate in regular reviews with Group offices and their customers, often taking the lead role to ensure service failures/disputes are quickly resolved for the mutual benefit of all parties.
New Business Development
・Explore and develop profitable new business opportunities for Group offices/partners through market intelligence and internal/external networks.
• Facilitate sales visits to customers with operational colleagues, ensuring that the visit is appropriate and reflects well on Group. Ensure visits are thoroughly documented have well established outcomes and actions from each meeting are reviewed. Assist colleagues (mainly operations) in organising sales visits to own sales area. Ensure that visiting colleagues are well prepared and that they provide their target list to you and failing which please make the Group Sales Director aware.
Customer Service support
・Support Group offices/partners to negotiate contracts for single port calls or term contracts.
• Facilitate effective customer communication with Group/GNA (Global Network Agents)/partner operations offices.
• Manage customer feedback and complaints in a proactive manner and institute appropriate feedback and remedial action with key stakeholders in the Group.
Staying up to date with industry market trends
・Keep oneself informed of developments within the shipping industry in general and particularly in own marketing area.
Staying up to date with customer financials, market positions, and company strategies
・Ensure business intelligence about customers’ financial and business position is current and is communicated effectively with appropriate stakeholders. Endeavour to stay informed about customers’ financial strength/reputation, passing on news directly to the Group offices/partner offices.
• Assist local Group offices/partners and GNA’s to collect outstanding funds and ensure the Group is not unnecessarily exposed to financial risk.
• Undertake educational visits to new areas/offices/operations after agreement with the Group Sales Director and ensure that knowledge, expectations, and requirements are effectively communicated.
• Understand how customers (actual and prospective) procure agency services, their hierarch and decision-making recesses.
・Ensure effective corporate communications with customers by promoting Group products and ensure all media is current, through using Group corporate intranet and website. Tools such as company sales literature and presentations, should be promoted in a systematic manner and always be up-to-date and comply with the Group Design Guide and compliance.
• To promote core shipping services offered by Group: Ship Agency in the following sectors,
▶Dry Cargo development:
• Dry Bulk
• Protecting (OPA (Owners protecting agency))
▶Canal Straits Transit
• To promote all complementary services offered by the Group, including but not limited to:
▶Group Training and Service Solutions
▶Group Marine Logistics
▶Ship Supply Services
▶Bunker Supplies via Group Bunker Fuels
▶Logistics services, especially those related to bulk, offshore and project sectors.
・Ensure customer information is accurate and is maintained in Group CRM (CRM = Customer Relationship Management System) in a regular and systematic manner.
• File appropriate reports of customer meetings in CRM for all relevant customer contact,
including formal sales visits/other meetings and salient phone and IM conversations.
• Ensure specific, measurable actions are archived through regular review. Reciprocally, follow up on leads from other colleagues.
• Maintain accurate customer profiles in CRM and ensure mailing lists (Hot Port News) allow effective distribution of media.
• Ensure key performance indicators are accurately recorded in CRM, for customers in your territory. Assist in correcting and educating local offices where necessary.
Participate in internal meetings
・Contribute to and participate in specialist business teams as required. This shall include but
not be limited to credit control meetings, event planning meetings, regional meetings, strategy meetings, etc.
UNIQUE JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RELATED OBJECTIVES
•Periodical targets to be defined, full transparency with input from all is encouraged.
Income and Performance measures
・Periodical targets to be defined and set by GSD-S, full transparency with input from all is encouraged.
Exhibitions/Conferences/Trade Shows etc.
・GSD-S to decide the attendance and participation which have group global/strategic benefit, and which are to be paid by the Group. Should be in full co-operation with local/regional colleagues. Locally/regionally funded event participation is at the local/GVPR discretion, full co-operation from the GSD-S.
• Attend Group Marketing Meetings and trade conferences/exhibitions as required to represent Group.
Minimum Experience Level
Over 6 years
Minimum English Level
Minimum Japanese Level
Minimum Education Level
Permission to work in Japan required
MINIMUM TECHNICAL KOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
Master’s degree and bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Finance, Management or equivalent
Experience working with supply Chain Management, Operations, Shipping, and Business Administration
Excellent sales and negotiation skills
Solid business understanding
Communication / Language
KEY COMPETENCIES AND PROFICIENCIES
Industry and Product Knowledge
Has knowledge of products and services provided by the company, department or business unit to customers and applies knowledge to serve existing customers and gain new ones, maintains awareness of industry (e.g., logistics, shipping, marine) and job-related trends and changes.
Planning and Organizing
Establishes the best course of action in achieving desired results and organizes the resources
needed to meet objectives.
Customer Relationship Management
Understands and applies knowledge and techniques to market and sell products and services, values the importance of providing pre- and after-sales customer service and implements strategy to maintain customer loyalty.
Effectively put across one’s thoughts and ideas clearly, using appropriate language and grammar in
written and oral forms of communication. Can convey and receive information and ideas promoting an effective two-way process, uses various means and ways to exchange and retain information.
Possesses specialist knowledge and skills required to complete tasks and deliver results in area of
responsibility and demonstrates active interest in learning and developing technical skills.
Maintains efficient and effective performance under pressure or opposition, exhibits behavior acceptable to people and to the company even under stress.
Leaders possess a drive to consistently achieve results and learn quickly from experiences, applying that new knowledge when facing new problems or situations.
Collaboratively work with each other to accomplish common goals and objectives.
Ethics and Integrity
Behaves is an honest, fair, and ethical manner. Exhibits socially and the company accepted behavior. Always acts with uncompromising honesty, trustworthy and avoids misrepresentations for personal gain.
Creates long-term and mutually beneficial relationships internally or externally, with colleagues,
customers, and suppliers.
Business and Financial Acumen
Understands and employs a general understanding of financial management principles and practices to come up with sound and responsible decisions, uses and balances information about business drivers and trends such as revenue, costs, customer requirements, and short and long-term needs to guide activities.
Work Schedule Conditions
Working hours are 8AM-5PM. Occasionally flexibility is necessary as per the expectations on the role.
Tokyo - 23 Wards, Minato-ku
7 million yen ~ Negotiable, based on experience
基本 09:00～16:00 （時差出勤、リモート勤務可）
Marketing and Product Development > Sales Promotion, Marketing Planning
Marketing and Product Development > Other (Marketing and Product Development)
Customer Service, Secretary and Administration > Customer Service, Customer Success
Sales > B2B Sales
Sales > Other (Sales)