Job ID : 1161117
Date Updated :
June 16th, 2021
Delivers innovative network solutions
Sales and Business Operations Leader
We are looking for an experienced Sales & Business Operations Leader in Japan to support our Regional Sales Leader in managing the Japan business. This includes supporting the Japan leader in driving growth strategies and setting objectives for the Japan region, as well as driving alignment between the regional and global teams to support the Japanese business outcomes. This position will also be responsible for guiding staff development through identifying skills needs, delegating tasks appropriately and motivating project staff to provide outstanding client service.
- Work closely with the Regional Sales Leader to formulate and implement sales ‘Go-to-Market’ Strategies for multiple customers and product lines and ensure excellence in customer satisfaction delivering solutions on time and to budget
- Creatively identify new strategies to take market share and communicate continually these strategies to relevant stakeholders internally and externally for support and approval.
- Promote a positive environment for staff and identify and work to address any issues that are creating barriers to an optimal work environment for all staff
- Maintain an extensive network of connections within the japan business that can be tapped for new business etc
- Drive and articulate the Japan business regional P&L including exceeding orders, revenue, margin and expense driving operating margin growth as outlined in the yearly operating budget. Be able to proactively execute on “get well” plans where required.
- Take full responsibility for planning, forecasting and execution against plan.
- Drive business case recommendations for investments to fuel growth in the Japan market
- Drive Account Planning, Opportunity planning and Sales strategy.
- Develop strategies to increase Ciena’s customer relevance by strengthening customer relationships and providing excellence in customer support.
- Support the Japanese team in interfacing in to the global Ciena business units
- Work with sales, engineering, operations and support organisations within Japan and ensure alignment with global teams
- Lead and drive alignment with Ciena global team in support of Japan team.
Minimum Experience Level
Over 10 years
Minimum English Level
Minimum Japanese Level
Minimum Education Level
Permission to work in Japan required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong English skills essential
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
- Solid understanding of the telecommunications market in Japan and the broader industry
- Ability to operate at the highest level, identify and generate opportunities within large carrier organizations.
- Ability to generate long term revenue streams, with a clear understanding of who the key decisions-makers are on the customer side.
- Clear capability for professional business analysis of sales cycles and their influences.
- Ability to conduct budgetary assessment and planning to include forecasting.
- Ability to measure and track key business results and processes against set targets and against the competition.
- Ability to understand and navigate the challenges between working in a North American company and Japanese customers.
- Ability to support and translate customer needs from the local Japan team to the wider Ciena organization to drive business outcomes
- Strong business acumen
- Ability to build strong relationships with senior executives with Ciena and Japanese customers.
- Ability to build and lead a cross functional team across the Japan business.
- Ability to attract and retain the talent required to implement the growth strategy
- Ability to empower employees, giving positive and constructive feedback on a regular basis whilst acknowledging and celebrating team accomplishments.
- Experience working in a culturally diverse environment
- Highly motivated, a self-starter.
- Transmits his/her energy and enthusiasm to others.
- Displays a strong integrity.
Tokyo - 23 Wards, Chiyoda-ku
Tozai Line, Takebashi Station
14 million yen ~ 20 million yen
Bonuses paid on top of indicated salary.