A DC (data center) engineer is required by a next-generation global technology company who are looking for the ideal candidate to join them as a full-time employee in their client’s Tokyo/Osaka office.
As DC Engineer, address service work orders for Networking, telecom, servers, storage equipment, networking equipment, and UPS maintenance, as well as working on and managing medium to complex projects.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Desktop Support Engineer to take the next step in their IT career.
Essential Skills for the engineer:
- Advanced technical knowledge, in order to address service work orders for Networking, telecom, servers, storage equipment, networking equipment, and UPS maintenance
- Ability to install, rack and stack networking and data center equipment. Equipment lifecycle support, closet access & security, closet cleanliness
- Provide system monitoring, alert notification.
- Experience in managing/supervising a group of technical resources, including providing daily operational guidance, involvement in hiring, counselling/coaching resources
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (e.g. reporting), with the ability to run workshops for information collation
- Manage, liaise and escort with third party suppliers as required.
- Works on projects of moderately medium-complex scope, and able to work with intercompany teams
- Exercises independent judgment within defined practices and procedures
- Evaluates unique circumstances and makes recommendations
- Datacentre and application architecture support
- Ability to plan, implement, and monitor computer and printer/scanner networks (e.g. file server)
- Troubleshoot basic network issues and understands the administering of switches, routers, and firewalls
- Knowledge of backup, tape, and exchange infrastructures
- Ability to configure routers and switches
- Integration and customisation of hardware components on operating system and networks
- Minimum 4-6 years of experience in working in a networking/datacentre environment
- Associate or Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, graduate from technical school, or equivalent work experience
- CCNA or other networking certificates required
- Strong customer service skills and good communication skills
- A team player
- Fluency in both written and spoken English and Japanese
What we offer:
- A secure job in an exponentially growing international company
- Strong team spirit and a great working atmosphere in a friendly team
- Direct and open communication
- Very good opportunities for professional and personal further development thanks to our human resources development programme
- Mentoring programme to get you started with the support of an experienced colleague
- Lots of room for your own ideas and suggestions for improvement as well as their quick implementation due to brief decision making processes
- A company that is not only continuously commercially successful but also provides a sense of purpose: Hemmersbach Rhino Force is our environmental protection organisation protecting one of the most endangered species on this planet (rhino-force.org) and Hemmersbach Kids Family to take care the orphans
Who we are:
We are a global IT service provider. With over 4,000 permanent colleagues in more than 40 subsidiaries worldwide, we enable Device as a Service for the IT industry in 190+ countries. DaaS combines hardware, software, lifecycle services and financing into a single contract with a fee per device.