Job ID : 1094308
Date Updated :
March 5th, 2021
A pioneer of public relations in Japan!
International Account Manager
The International Account Manager is primarily responsible to act as an active member of the day-to-day client services on assigned accounts, for both Japanese and overseas clients, with support from Japanese teams and the firm’s management.
The role requires strong, demonstrated capabilities in working directly with clients and a passion for healthcare, pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical devices.
You are responsible for confidently participating in client projects, working collaboratively with internal teams to achieve client objectives through smart and effective solutions. You are also expected to be resourceful in coming up with new ideas to address clients' challenge.
You will report to one of the Managing Directors in the company, but from time to time will report to the CEO of the company and senior management.
ROLE SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
- Develop presentations, PR materials and other internal/external communications that are strategic and meet the client’s objectives in English.
- Liaise with non – inhouse native English editors to ensure that the content is consistent with what our inhouse consultants would like to convey.
- Assist in creating marketing tools for the firm, and will oversee other communication tools, such as case studies, web content etc.
- Create original content in English, but often oversee that the translation of the materials is consistent and coherent.
- Participate in development of clients' marketing strategies and tactics; collaborates with multiple internal stakeholders to ensure consensus around tactics’ scope and approach.
- Thoroughly understand and communicate clients’ expectations internally to ensure staffing resources and performance expectations are met.
- Maintain ongoing, effective communications with client peers to ensure there are no surprises and the work is meeting all expectations.
- Establish and meet internal client and project revenue targets.
- Manage multiple client projects of varying sizes in a fast-paced environment.
- Participate in new business development through proactively identifying and pursuing opportunities to grow existing business.
Minimum Experience Level
Over 3 years
Minimum English Level
Minimum Japanese Level
Minimum Education Level
Permission to work in Japan required
PERSONAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required.
- Must be a native English speaker with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Minimal Japanese communication skills, as the firm’s official language is in Japanese.
- Minimum 3+ years in healthcare, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical devices, or related experience
- Excellent business communication skills
- Informal/formal presentation and writing skills; including presenting to clients
- Able to develop final documents and presentations
- Work with and find solutions to any issues that need to be resolved in cooperation and under the direction of the Japanese Account Director or other Account Managers.
- Edit junior staff writing and presentation material
- Able to communicate critical information to management and the client
- Very comfortable working with clients directly.
- Able to develop solutions to client needs and problems:
- Collaborate with internal partners to strategize ideas
- Be creative
- Research the market to identify trends and data to support ideas
- Understand program objectives and strategies
- Ability to direct and synthesize research for new business.
- Demonstrated strong work ethic, with a track record of following through on client requests and with high-quality deliverables on schedule and on budget.
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools (PowerPoint, Word, and Excel).
- High energy, able to effectively operate in fast-paced, growing and evolving environment.
Tokyo - 23 Wards, Minato-ku
Hibiya Line, Kamiyacho Station
5 million yen ~ 6 million yen
9:00 - 17:30