As AXA continues its journey to enable first-class software engineering and operations, we’re looking for a T-shaped
cross functional full stack software engineer who is communicative, adaptive, independent and obsessive about solving
problems. You will have the opportunity to join a community (aka Engineering guild) that is leading the DevOps
transformation, leveraging cutting-edge tools, practices, technologies to deliver faster, cheaper, stable and secured
cloud-based business applications with superior customer experiences and high quality standard.
You will be mainly responsible to design and build web applications, either frontend or backend. You will also design
the overall architecture of web applications and evolve them to ensure maximum performance and stability. Usually you
will be working in a particular squad (aka feature-team) but may also be working for other squads at times to widen your
skills and experiences.
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Proficient understanding of server-side programming language such as Node.js, Java, Python, etc.
- Basic understanding of noSQL database such as MongoDB, Cassandra etc.
- Basic understanding of relational database such as Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL etc
- Basic understanding of designing and implementing SOAP based and RESTful web services
- Good understanding of Agile methodology , including Scrum, Kanban
- Good understanding of code versioning tools, including Git
- Basic understanding of Code Quality/Coverage Tools (SonarQube, PMD/Checkstyle or equivalent)
- Basic understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Basic understanding of Swagger/Open API specification.
- Basic understanding of Open Source Technologies such as Junit, Log4J, Spring, Tomcat, JBoss, Ant, Maven, Jenkins etc.
- Basic understanding of responsive web design and development.
- Basic understanding of the Software design/architecture process
- Basic understanding of integrating third party APIs
- Basic understanding of Service Oriented Architecture, microservices architecture, serverless architecture
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field from accredited college/university or equivalent work experience
- Must have Japanese language proficiency level N3 or above
- 3+ years experiences developing web applications
- Experience with the entire Software Development Life Cycle
- Preferable experience in life insurance domain
- Preferable experience with cloud technology like Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure or equivalent
- Preferable experience with AWS native services such as RDS, S3, Lambda etc.
- Preferable experience with DevOps practices such as Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Test Driven Development etc.
- Preferable experience with application development on PaaS (Platform as a Service) platform such as ElasticBeanStalk, OpenShift etc.
- Preferable experience with containerization such as Docker etc.
- Preferable experience with API development and microservice architecture
- Preferable experience with functional test automation using tools such as Selenium, HP QTP/UFT, Cucumber etc.
- Preferable experience supporting interfaces between multiple application platforms (i.e. open and mainframe)
- Has a desire to contribute in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle
- Has a desire to work through constant change
- Has a desire to identify new development opportunities and promote best practices across DevOps community
- Has a desire to be mentored and to grow
- Has a strong desire to work with any technologies and any roles to gain skills and experience to become a T-shaped cross functional team member in DevOps community