Bilingual Jobs in Kansai
- What is an “Email Update”?
- When will I receive my “Email Update”?
- I stopped receiving my “Email Update”. What happened?
- Why do I find jobs on the site but not in my “Email Update”?
- What is the difference between “Email Update” and “Mail Magazine”?
- How can I cancel my “Email Update” and / or “Mail Magazine” subscription?
- I received a suspicious email addressed from “CareerCross”. What should I do?
- How can I add CareerCross emails to my safe list?
- The text in my CareerCross email is garbled. What’s the problem?
What is an “Email Update”?
An “Email Update” takes the hard work out of finding a job. By setting up an “Email Update” you can have relevant jobs emailed to you weekly or daily. All you have to do is tell us what kind of job you’re looking for and when you’d like to receive your email. We then match the latest jobs with your criteria and deliver them directly to your inbox. “Email Update” is available for members only. When you register as a CareerCross member you can take advantage of “Email Update” and many more exclusive services.
When will I receive my “Email Update”?
Please visit “Create Email Update” or “Edit Email Update” in “MyPage” to choose when you would like to receive your email updates. You can choose either 9am or 6pm, everyday or every Friday. Any jobs that match your criteria and were posted or refreshed during that daily or weekly period will be sent to you at the time you choose.
I stopped receiving my “Email Update”. What happened?
The jobs that get sent to you are based on the criteria you select when you create your “Email Update”. If you seem to be receiving fewer emails than you expected, it might be that your selection criteria are too strict. Please relax some of your selection criteria to incorporate a broader range of results.
Why do I find jobs on the site but not in my “Email Update”?
Any matching jobs that are posted or refreshed after the last “Email Update” will be included in the next “Email Update”. You will find the very latest jobs on the CareerCross website first, but they will be sent to you in your next “Email Update”. You will also find older jobs on the website.
What is the difference between an "Email Update" and a "Mail Magazine”?
An “Email Update” is a list of the latest jobs that match your criteria delivered daily or weekly, whereas a “Mail Magazine” has useful articles and other information and is delivered monthly. “Mail Magazines” are currently available for CareerCross (English or Japanese), CareerCross Haken (English or Japanese), eBenkyo (Japanese), EigoPlaza (Japanese), Focus Japan (English), and FitnessJP (English). To subscribe to a “Mail Magazine”, please click the “Create Mail Magazine” button on the right side of “MyPage”. Check the boxes of the mail magazines that you would like to subscribe to and click “Save”.
How can I cancel my “Email Update” and / or “Mail Magazine” subscription?
To cancel your “Email Update”, please click the “Edit Email Update” button on the right side of “MyPage”. Scroll to the bottom of the form and click the “Delete” button. This will cancel your “Email Update”. To cancel your “Mail Magazine” subscription, please click the “Create Mail Magazine” button on the right side of “MyPage”. Uncheck the boxes of the mail magazines that you would like to cancel, then click “Save”.
I received a suspicious email addressed from “CareerCross”. What should I do?
CareerCross is dedicated to providing the safest possible environment for you to manage your career. However we ask you to be wary of practices such as email spoofs or “phishing”; where a third party manipulates the “From” address of an email to appear as if it is coming from a legitimate source, such as CareerCross. These emails are usually sent to a general spam list and NOT the CareerCross database. Such email-based scams often ask for personal details such as bank account details to serve as a go-between for money transfers. These sorts of emails DO NOT come from OR through CareerCross. We will NEVER ask for such details, so please disregard the email. DO NOT follow up with any offer being made as the respondent may attempt to engage you in illegal activity.
How can I add CareerCross emails to my safe list?
After registering with CareerCross, you’ll receive various notification emails regarding your job applications, contact emails from employers (if your resume is set to “Public” or “Anonymous”), “Mail Magazines”, and “Email Updates” informing you of jobs that match your profile. To ensure safe delivery of CareerCross emails, you will want to add the careercross.com email address to your email application’s safe list or address book.
We have provided the following instructions for users of Windows Live Hotmail, Yahoo Mail, AOL, or Outlook 2003. If your preferred email application is not in this list or you are still not sure how to add an address to your safe list, please check with your email service provider.
Windows Live Hotmail
To ensure that CareerCross emails are not sent to your Junk E-Mail folder, you can add the email address or domain (A domain is the portion of the e-mail address that comes after @ -- e.g. @ careercross.com) to your safe list.
- Click on “Options” in the top left and select “More options…” from the menu.
- Click on “Safe and blocked senders” in the “Junk e-mail” section.
- Click on “Safe Senders” and on the next page type the “@careercross.com” domain and then click “Add To List”.
To change your "Delete Junk E-Mail" options
- Click on “Options” in the top left and select “More options…” from the menu.
- Click on “Filters and reporting” in the “Junk e-mail” section.
- Choose “Later” in the “Delete junk e-mail” section and click “Save”.
Junk e-mail messages will now be delivered to your Junk E-mail folder so you can review them before they are permanently deleted after 10 days.
AOL 7, 8
To ensure that you receive your CareerCross emails, please place an email ID in your AOL “Address Book”. Here’s how:
- Go to Keyword Mail Controls
- Select the screen name to which the email is sent (e.g. "CareerCross Email Update")
- Now choose ’Customize Mail Controls’ For This Screen Name
- For AOL 7.0, include in the section, "exclusion and inclusion parameters",the domains from which CareerCross email is sent: careercross.com
- For AOL 8.0, choose "Allow mail from AOL Members and addresses listed"
- Type: careercross.com
- Click Add.
- Choose "Ok" at the bottom of the form to save your changes.
The best way to ensure that you will receive your CareerCross email is to place an email ID in your "Person I know" buddy list. All mail you receive from this email ID will safely pass through the filters so please add it to your buddy list to make sure you receive your newsletter.
Yahoo mail uses a combination of bulk mail folders and filters. If you are not receiving your CareerCross emails, please check your “Bulk Mail,” locate the filtered CareerCross Email Update, and choose "this is not Spam," next to the "From" field.
To create a filter for your CareerCross Email Update:
In Yahoo mail, click the "Mail Options" link on the top-right navigation bar, and then choose "Filters" located on the left side of the page, under the Spam column.
To create a new filter, click the "Add Filter" link on the Filters page.
- Choose the field you want to match the incoming message with, i.e. “From”.
- Choose the criteria which you would like to match, i.e. “ends with”.
- Enter the text to compare, i.e. “@careercross.com”.
- Choose the destination folder to which you would like the message delivered. For example “CareerCross” (you can create a folder by selecting [new folder]).
- If you have more than one filter, you’ll also see "up" and "down" arrrows to the right of the filter list. Use these buttons to select the placement of your new filter within your existing sequence of filters. Filter order is important because Filter 1 will be the first filter applied to an incoming message, Filter 2 will be the next, and so on until a match is made or all filters are passed. If no filters match an incoming message, it will be delivered to your inbox.
- Be sure to click the "Add Filter" button to put your new filter into effect, after you’ve selected a folder in which to file the e-mail.
Online Help for Yahoo Mail:
Setting Junk E-Mail Filters in Outlook 2003
In Outlook 2003, the Junk E-Mail Filter is turned on by default. The first time Outlook 2003 moves a message to the Junk E-mail folder, it will notify you with a dialog box.
To change junk e-mail settings in Outlook 2003:
- On the Tools menu, select Options.
- In the Options dialog box, in the E-mail section, click Junk E-mail.
- Choose the level of junk e-mail message protection you want. Click OK.
To add a sender to your Safe Senders List, Safe Recipients Lists, or Blocked Senders List:
- Right-click on a message from the sender.
- Point to Junk E-mail, and click either Add Sender to Safe Senders List, Add Sender to Blocked Senders List, or Add Recipient to Safe Recipients Lists.
Outlook 2003 Online Help:
The text in my CareerCross email is garbled. What’s the problem?
All Japanese emails sent from CareerCross are encoded in “ISO-2022-JP”. If your text appears garbled, please check the character encoding of your email application. Try setting the encoding to “Shift-JIS” and try again. If you continue experiencing problems, please refer to your system administrator or email application help documentation.