C.C. Consulting K.K. (hereafter referred to as “we”) has adopted the TRUSTe Privacy Seal Program. We take the privacy of personal information of the users of CareerCross (hereafter referred to as “CareerCross” or “this website”) very seriously, and we handle it with utmost care.
TRUSTe is an independent organization whose mission is to build users’ trust and confidence in the Internet based by promoting the appropriate use of personal data. In receiving authentication from TRUSTe, has agreed to disclose our information practices and to have our practices reviewed for compliance by TRUSTe. CareerCross has agreed to inform you about:
- The collection and use of your personally identifiable information
- How and why the information gathered from users is used, and conditions of sharing and disclosure of personal information to third parties
- Your opt-out rights
- The security measures implemented to protect personal data from leaking, crash, defacing, loss, and unauthorized use
- How you can change and update your personal information
- How we train our employees to protect personal information
- Our compliance with legal regulations on the protection of personal data
If you feel that we do not abide by this privacy statement please contact C.C. Consulting K.K. Support Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your inquiry with us has not been satisfactorily addressed, please contact the TRUSTe office at https://www.truste.or.jp/hssl/watchdog/. TRUSTe will liaise with C.C. Consulting K.K., investigating reasons and giving guidance, in order to resolve your concerns.
Personal information collected from you by our company
1. Collection and use of personally identifiable information
C.C. Consulting K.K. is the sole owner of all information collected on this website. We do not sell, share, or lease this personal information to third parties in any other ways than stated in this privacy statement.
(1) Personally identifiable information collected on this website
In order to apply for jobs, or receive scout emails or email updates about the latest job advertisements, or to post job advertisements, you must first register as a member on the website’s (http://www.careercross.com) registration page (http://www.careercross.com/en/jobseeker_registration_with_job_agent.php, http://www.careercross.com/employer_registration.php). If you do not wish to register your personal information with us, you cannot use the above services, but you can view the website contents. When registering, you are required to give your name, e-mail address, password, language skills (English, Japanese), and visa status. After the initial registration, you can register your resume in our resume database. When you register your resume, you are required to give us your name, gender, age, postal code, prefecture address, email address, username (ID), password, educational background, professional background, language skills (English, Japanese), current salary, nationality, and visa status. Companies need to supply the following data upon registration: Username, company details, company profile, English or Japanese company introduction, and answers to a simple questionnaire.
The above information is used for registering and publicizing your resume to companies registered with us, and for applying for jobs with those companies, or for the purpose of advertising your positions to jobseekers. The username (ID) and password are used to confirm your identity when accessing or changing the information you registered. It is also used to contact you about site updates. When you register your resume on this website, you have three options to choose from with regard to privacy settings.
- Not to disclose your resume, so that even companies using this website cannot see it.
- To disclose your resume, so that companies using this website can see your personal information including your name and current employer.
- To disclose your resume anonymously, so that companies using this website can see details of your resume, but your name and current employer are not disclosed.
A cookie is a text file that is placed on a website user’s computer and contains information that the user left on that website. We are using cookies generated by the CareerCross website and third party services on this website to manage your access history. Unless you check the “Keep me logged in” option, these cookies expire when you close your browser. You may choose to modify your browser settings to accept or decline cookies. Please understand that if you choose to decline cookies you will not be able to register your resume or apply for jobs.
(3) Log files
On this website, we save the information of users who accessed the site into in the form of an access log, and use it for the analysis of statistics related to the use of the website. The access log includes the IP address from which our website was accessed, the number of accesses, and the page views, but it does not include any personally identifiable information. The information is not used for any other purposes, and we do not disclose the access log in principle.
(4) Web Beacons
We are using Web Beacons generated by third party services to track the outcome of member registration. Any information gathered by the use of Web Beacons will not be identifiable.
(5) Verification of how we use the personal information we collect and store
If we change this privacy statement, we will publicize these changes on our website. You can always verify what kind of information we collect, and how we use this information.
Our company stores the following personal information:
- Date of birth
- Address (only zip-code and prefecture)
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Educational and professional background
- Language skills (English, Japanese)
- Current salary
- Nationality, visa status
- Username, ID number, password
2. How and why the information gathered from users is used, and about sharing of information and disclosing information to third parties
(1) Use within the scope of purposes
Our companies’ fundamental principle is to not use your registered information for any other purposes than the ones given below. We use the information in accordance with the privacy statement that was in place when the information was collected.
- To register and publicize your resume to companies registered with us, and to apply for jobs with those companies. However, users themselves decide on, and set, the privacy settings of the resume. (For details please refer to section 1 paragraph (1) clauses 1), 2), and 3) of this privacy statement.)
- For statistical purposes on user demographics and use of the Resume Bank
- To verify your identity when accessing or modifying previously registered information
- To contact you about site updates and the latest job postings
- To disclose your personal information to companies using CareerCross.
(2) Sharing of personal information
Our company partners with other companies to provide you with special services. In the case that you choose to sign up with any of those services, we will as necessary share your name and other contact details with the company that provides that service. We do not permit our partners to use your personal information for any other purposes than provision of the said services.
(3) Passing on personal information to third parties
We will not disclose or pass on the information you register on our website to third parties without your consent. The only exceptions are the cases stated below.
- When based upon a law, ordinance, or general principle
- When ordered by governmental or regulatory authorities
- When passing on the information is deemed necessary to protect a person’s life, body, or property from threat, or to protect the legitimate rights and business interests of our companies or others, or when it is impossible to acquire your consent.
- There may be cases when our company has to deposit personal information with a third party in order to subcontract business. In such a case, we will investigate the third party company according to a pre-set standard, conclude the necessary contract, and take all legally necessary measures.
(4) Links to other sites
This website contains links to other sites. Please understand that we cannot take responsibility for the privacy practices of such other websites. We ask you to read the privacy statement when using this website. This privacy statement applies only to information collected on this website.
3. Your right to refuse (“Opt-out”)
(1) In the case a third party collects your personal information
If a third party other than our company collects your personal information, we will certainly inform you about it. In such a case, you may choose whether or not you would like to continue receiving the service from an outside provider.
(2) Change in purpose of use of personal data
If we use your personal data in any other way than stated at the time of collection of said data, we inform you by email or telephone. Without your consent in this case, we will not use your personal data in any different way than stated in our company’s purpose of data use.
4. Security measures implemented to protect your personal data from leaking, crash, defacing, loss, and unauthorized use
This website has implemented all precautionary measures to protect your data. When you submit important information to this website, your information will be protected both online and offline.
To protect critical information online, we have put in place a firewall, encrypted transmission, hacking detector, virus scan, and port blocking. We are sparing no efforts to also protect our users’ information offline, and we have implemented high-level internal security measures as well. Not only critical information, but all information we collect from our users, is limited for use only within our company.
(1) Server administration
- We have set up a firewall so that no third party can access our server.
- Our web server and email server are set up in a data center, but managed by our own staff. The server where our company keeps personal data is administered in a safe environment, in a locked cage, which can be entered only upon authentication by photo ID and vein authentication.
If you have any questions about the security measures on our website, please contact us by email at email@example.com.
We protect our email server and individual terminals from infection with viruses by installing anti-virus software.
(3) SSL encryption
When you enter your personal information in the registration process, we use the industry-wide security standard SSL (Secure Socket Layer) to encrypt your data and prevent them from interception while they are transmitted over the internet.
(4) Access rights within our company
- Only those employees are permitted access to the personal information users enter on this website who need them for fulfilling special duties.
- Apart from the above, it may be necessary to permit access to your personal information within the scope of our operations.
5. Accessing and changing your personal information
Regarding requests for display, modification, addition, or deletion of your personal data, or discontinuance of use: based on the below contents, you can have that done by sending us an email at the email address provided in (3) below.
(1) Displaying, changing, deleting your personal data or withdrawal from membership
Our company deals properly with users’ requests regarding display, change, or deletion of data, or withdrawal from membership within the limits of reason. You can also change your personal data yourself, by logging in with your ID and password. If you have a request, please contact us by email at the below address given in (3).
(2) Inquiries and claims about your personal information
If users contact us with inquiries or claims regarding their personal information, we will properly address such requests within the scope of reason. For inquiries, please contact us by email at the below address given in (3).
(3) Contact for (1) and (2) above
We have set up a special support desk to address user inquiries named in (1) and (2) above.
Customer Support Desk
C.C. Consulting K.K.
(4) Change in correspondence procedures
If there is a change in the communication procedures stated above, we will inform you about that change. Such announcements will be made on this website, or by email from our company.
6. Training of employees on the protection of personal information
We constantly keep our employees informed about the latest developments in security and privacy issues. At least once every year, and whenever a new privacy statement comes in place, we conduct trainings for all employees. Our employees are obliged to do their utmost to protect the privacy of our users’ and customers’ personal information. When employees leave their desks, we have password-protected screen savers in place.
7. Compliance with legal regulations on the protection of personal information
Our company complies with legal regulations on the protection of personal information.
Laws and ordinances on personal data
- The OECD’s Eight Principles
- Private Information Protection Law
- TRUSTe Privacy Program
(1) Responsibility for review
(2) Convocation of review meeting
- When the auditor submits an audit report to the president.
- In any other cases when the president deems a review necessary.
Our company conducts audits about the protection of personal information. Subject to the audit are all systems, operations, and departments handling personal data.
(4) Timing of the audit
The timing of audits is as follows:
- An operations audit is conducted at least once a year, in regular intervals
- At other times whenever necessary