- Hiring Company Name
- EIRE Systems K.K. / エイラ システム 株式会社
- Job ID
- Operations Support
- Company Type
- International Company
- Non-Japanese Ratio
- About half Japanese
- Job Type
- Tokyo - 23 Wards
- Negotiable, based on experience
- Date Refreshed
- December 9th, 2013 09:08
- Minimum Experience Level
- Over 1 year
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Minimum English Level
- Business Level
- Minimum Japanese Level
- Minimum Education Level
- Technical/Vocational College
- Visa Status
- Japanese national or permission to work in Japan required
EIRE Systems K.K. is seeking confident technically hands-on 1st and 2nd level Desktop Support candidates - strong knowledge of Windows OS, Windows client applications - ability to solve and fix technical problems - with strong character to support highly demanding users and knows what it takes to get the job done!
This role will see you responsible for supporting the users of a large, diverse multinational corporation in the Tokyo area. Primary support is for Windows XP Professional workstations, desktops and laptops, Office XP/2007, and support of in-house applications.
- Desk-side and Remote support for back office area PCs
- Hardware and software troubleshooting
- Installation of OS, Software
- Deployment of Hardware and Software
- Escalating to appropriate IT groups for problem resolution
- Research of technical solutions
- Asset tracking and disposal
- Remote access support
- Documentation of support issues and maintenance of Knowledge Base
- Liaise with vendors regarding product issues
You will be quick to resolve issues either on the phone or face to face. You will have the confidence to deal with people in an extremely fast paced environment and enjoy the technical mix this role has to offer.
On offer is the chance to join a great team, with continuous encouragement and support in upgrading your knowledge and level of responsibility.
Candidates should be based in Japan, available for interview, and be able to start this position quickly.
- Windows XP Professional (relevant Microsoft certifications preferred)
- Remote Access experience
- Hardware repair including hard disk, video card, and power supply replacement
Language Required: Business level Japanese and English required
- Experience working in enterprise environments providing technical support directly to the internal users.
- Client focused
- Positive team player
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible approach to working hours
- Ability to learn quickly
- Practical and pragmatic approach to work
- Strong analytical and logical skills
- Highly motivated self-starter
EIRE Systems is a leading independent provider of professional IT services to the financial, insurance and multinational sectors in Japan and throughout the Asia Pacific region. EIRE Systems has expertise across a wide spectrum of Information Technologies, with a track record for successfully completing hundreds of projects and IT services assignments since its establishment in 1996.
We provide professional IT services, both project-based and ongoing operational support, in two main areas:
- IT Services
EIRE Systems provides a wide-range of career choices for internationally-minded technology and support professionals. From the company’s small beginnings, EIRE Systems continues to increase its local, regional and global expertise. We have established offices in Tokyo, Hong Kong, Singapore and Shanghai and are reaching further as we grow our presence throughout the Asia-Pacific region.